ministatemets and statements center

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • milll36
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 33

    ministatemets and statements center

    Hi, i have build the ministatements and the statements center allready,i really like how they sound, but im moving to a new place and its getting hard to have them 12 in from the walls. Are there any modification that i could do to avoid the separation from the wall , thanks
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 3223

    #2
    Originally posted by milll36
    Hi, i have build the ministatements and the statements center allready,i really like how they sound, but im moving to a new place and its getting hard to have them 12 in from the walls. Are there any modification that i could do to avoid the separation from the wall , thanks
    Sorry, but there really isn't any alternative with the Statements designs. Actually, they'll sound better about 18" from the wall behind rather than 12".

    Jim

    Comment

    • milll36
      Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 33

      #3
      thanks, but i think i readed somewhere that with 12 in you where ok?
      well i tell mi carpenter to use his head and design the furniture so my speaker will be with 12 inch away of the wall, thanks jim, i really love those speakers. maybe going to start the bigger statements now, have the speakers just waiting on the office.

      Comment

      • BeerParty
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 475

        #4
        Originally posted by milll36
        thanks, but i think i readed somewhere that with 12 in you where ok?
        The full size Statements, the Minis, and the Center should all be ~18" from the wall. The Statement Monitors have a crossover design that you can use when the speakers are only ~12" from the wall, and another crossover design when they are ~18" from the wall. So you probably remember reading about the Monitors having the alternate crossover.

        If you are space limited, building the Monitors with the alternate crossovers and placing them 12" from the wall is an excellent option. That is what I have done and they are fantastic. But, I have not heard the Minis so I can't make a direct comparison.
        Chris

        My Statement Monitors Build
        My AviaTrix Build

        Comment

        • Keebz
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 2

          #5
          Is it possible to shorten the wall distance with some type of acoustic treatment? Or does the wall need to be bare and reflective? Sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere.

          Comment

          • Jim Holtz
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005
            • 3223

            #6
            Originally posted by Keebz
            Is it possible to shorten the wall distance with some type of acoustic treatment? Or does the wall need to be bare and reflective? Sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere.
            You could compensate somewhat with wall treatment or playing with the foam lining the mid tunnel but the best solution is to get as close to 18"-24" of clearance between the back of the cabinet and the wall behind it.

            They'll still sound good closer but you rapidly lose the soundstage depth when you postion any of the Statements closer than designed to the wall behind them.

            Jim

            Comment

            Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"