X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBR
    • Dec 2009

PA Speaker component advice or help...most appreciated

Hello Folks,
    Seeing as how no one has even glanced at my first post. I don't know if this is the correct forum for this purpose or not. I own a pair of JBL G-732 PA speakers. I am most dissatisfied with the speakers in these cabinets. I cannot put any kind of bass through the junky shite (IMHO) that's in installed already. Would the following components work?:
    Selenium 15WS600 15" 600W Woofer
    Eminence PXB2:3K5 2-Way Crossover Board 3,500 Hz
    Selenium D408Ti 2" Titanium Horn Driver 4-Bolt

Thank you in advance for any kind of advice on this.
    PEACE
  • NoDestiny
    • Jan 2009

I bought 2 Kustom 2x15 and horn PA cabs a while back. Definitely not great SQ by any means... I pulled out the Xover to see what it looked like... seemed to be 2nd order on horn and that was it!

Anywho, I'm curious to see what is recommended for you as I wouldn't mind making mine sound better and maybe be a bit more sensitive.

Comment

• DBR
      • Dec 2009

In reply

I just had my former guitar player leave the same exact pair of Kustoms at my place. It seems that they handled a lot more bass and even a kick drum through those. Lightly, but still a whole lot better than what I'm using presently.

Comment

• augerpro
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2006

What do you think of the sound quality? Maybe high passing these and getting a few subs around would be a better solution?
        ~Brandon 8O
        Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
        Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
        DriverVault
        Soma Sonus

Comment

• whoaru99
          • Jul 2004

Doesn't matter what drivers you put in that cabinet. They're not going to produce lots of deep bass; weren't designed to.

The JBL specs, just in case you hadn't looked, are -10dB @ 45Hz, and again, you're not going to fix much by merely changing the drivers.
          There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"