X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffc52053
    • Apr 2009

Crossover help

I've recently built 4 TM's and 1 MTM for HT. For the MTM I used Audax 6.5" (2) and a Morel CAT378 Dome tweeter. The 6.5's are rated at 89 Db and the Morel is rated at 93 Db. The TM's are Pioneer 6.5" and the Morel CAT378. The Pioneer is rated at 93 Db. I wanted a very dynamic system which is why I chose these drivers. However, the 6.5's have a very ragged FR starting at about 4000 Hz. I built a textbook 18 Db/oct crossover at 2250 Hz and would like to build a really good crossover for these.
    I have 2 JBL 10" subs for the bottom end.
    Help!
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

Where are you located? Getting accurate measurements is usually the best place to start.
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• jeffc52053
      • Apr 2009

Crossover help

I'm from Utica, NY.
      I don't have any test equipment but I do have the manufacturer's FR graphs. I tried Jeff B's SPL TRACE and his crossover software without much success. Apparently SPL TRACE doesn't like graphs done in black ink and I can't figure out how to change the color of the FR graph so SPL TRACE can see it.

Comment

• Rick Craig
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by jeffc52053
        I'm from Utica, NY.
        I don't have any test equipment but I do have the manufacturer's FR graphs. I tried Jeff B's SPL TRACE and his crossover software without much success. Apparently SPL TRACE doesn't like graphs done in black ink and I can't figure out how to change the color of the FR graph so SPL TRACE can see it.
        Jed from Clearwave lives in NY and maybe he could help you.

Comment

• jeffc52053
          • Apr 2009

Thanks Rick...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"