X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

The great room quanandrum

I was wondering, anyone found a great solution for great room design that accommodates home theater front projection?

Let me explain what I mean. I've found that in a great room, typicallly, you have a fireplace wall in most homes, you may have a opening to kitchen dining, and you may have a back wall with patio door to back. Also, you could be fighting openings to front of house, or to kitchen, or to bedrooms. Is there any particular design in a house that will yield better home theater front projection setups without going to a dedicated room in the basement?

I have considered joining 2 bedrooms in home on an end of the house to create a "media room", since I need space for my hobby more than bedrooms. However, this will leave me short a spare bedroom possibly. A potential problem. I dont' care as much about resale needs, as I do about what works for me. I don't plan to move but once more.

I just know what I have struggled with in my own home now, and am wondering if there's a good solution short of just leaving a fireplace out to create that great media wall. Maybe there's not.

I don't know that I will build another house, but I am leaving it open as a possible option and just wondering what has worked well for others that like a combined great room, media room concept.

I suppose a large enough house that could accommodate a L shape would be ideal. That way you have a great room, with a theater offshoot maybe.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"