REAL sturdy rack recommendation please ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mongao
    • Nov 2011

REAL sturdy rack recommendation please ?

Hi all,

Please, can anyone recommend a REAL STURDY audio rack ?

I am looking for something sturdy enough to withstand say three Emotiva amps at 75 lbs each, plus an AVR at 30 lbs, plus blu-ray players, DVD players, etc, etc; and an elephant on the top shelf !

It should be in iron and the height should be around 6 feet to say the least, with adjustable shelves to allow for proper ventilation for the amplifiers.

I've taken a look at racksandstands.com and CYMAX, I have found nice things like the VTI AR406, but it`s definitely NOT what I am looking for. I am in need of something high, open for ventilatation and sturdy by all means, with casters.

Thanks so much,

Mongao
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

6 feet high with castors???. Humm....I'm not sure I understand that!!??. Sounds like you are going to need something quite industrial for that kinda' weight!!. I've got my gear on a wall mounted rack/ shelf 5 feet up sitting above my TV, and the rails that hold the shelf are attached into the wall with quite big Toggle bolts that lock into the inside of the wall. I believe I could probably sit on that shelf and it wouldn't come down!!!. Sounds like you would need 2 of these shelves, each one independent of the other...in a side by side configuration to hold the kind of weight you are talking about. In order for these kinda' shelves to come down, the WALL ITSELF has to come down!!!. Hehehe!!!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I'm not sure why you say it needs to be iron? And why so high? I know of many high end audio racks that can support over 100lbs per shelf, but they are all pretty expensive and none of them are 6ft tall.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I get all my stuff from Middle Atlantic. They really know what they're doing with racks. Tough to beat the best in the business.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Mongao
          • Nov 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for replying, I'll take a look at Middle Atlantic;

Cheers,

Mongao

Comment

• Mongao
            • Nov 2011

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at the recommendation.

I need a basic rack to accommodate regular audio equipment, but amplifiers are heavy and AVR`s need ventilation, so a REAL big and sturdy vertical rack is a good idea.

Considering the pictures that I generally see, I believe that most people use large but short TV/audio racks, for me a vertical thin and large one suits better.

Thanks,

Mongao

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yeah, Middle Atlantic makes stuff for all sorts of applications, with various sizes and purposes, carrying stuff from small, light, and delicate, to the heavy industrial.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"