X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

HDMI split to HDMI video, and Digital Coax or SPDF optical output component

I really have quite the mess after dropping DTV or Ruined ATTV.

If I watch Amazon Prime, or any other service, I have to just use the audio on the TV, because it is not compatible with my Lexicon.

I would like it to be as robust as possible, not some cheap little POS.

I do have some cool HDMI splitters. I just have to press a button to go between Roku and Fire TV on 2 devices. It's mind boggling figuring all this out, especially when you have 2 TVs. Aa 4K and a Plasma 1080p.

I found this, it seems like I can control inputs with my splitters into the HDMI input, and then take advantage of digital or analog output. Do you guys agree that this is the ticket, or do you know of a better device?

I would really like to have as sophisticated of a device as possible, even 2 HDMI inputs, etc... But I think I can figure out the splits on the front end to at least 1 TV, maybe with 2 of them, I could handle both TVs I have duplicate Roku and Fire TV modules.

Thanks for any and all advice!!!

This is the best option I have found so far..

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I just ordered the inexpensive box yesterday with optical out and stereo out and HDMI through. Hopefully I can think my way through the connections and switching to make it all work. If not, I will only go to 1 TV not two. I already have some switching going on back there from my DVD player outputs to multiple TVs. We'll see, it may wind up being switching and just swapping an HDMI cable to go from fire tv to DVD. Roku not used so much anyway.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"