• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Phone battery question?

Every night I charge my phone and start out with it at 100%

With equal usage (Which is minimal), I can do the whole day and still be left with a 65-75% charge by the time I go to bed. Other days, I get a low battery warning at 4pm and it dies !!??

What's up with that ?
    Dan Madden :T
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

On the days it drains, are you in an area with weak cell signal? I know if I'm working at a house that blocks signal, my phone will die by lunch.. Searching for better signals, or switching between 3G/4G constantly keeps it awake and using battery.

Kevin D.

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

This is the eternal question of phone battery life. I believe you have a Note4? Well, it shouldn't matter as Kevin pretty much nailed it there. With Android you should be able to see the battery usage of each app to see what is draining it the most. Sometimes it is updating in the background, I think Facebook, and Skype have been bad apps. There are others as well.

One thing to try, if you don't need 'data' during work hours, is to actually turn off your cell data. That generally saves a lot of battery I have found. Plus if you are in a good WiFi area, this saves on cell data usage.

Also another thing to try is see what apps are open each day to track which might be the draining app. The battery usage gauge should tell you, but in case it doesn't.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

I have the Note 2. I believe all the issues here are probably correct. It's weird though because my phone usage and app usage day to day is the same....yet somehow some days my phone drains like a sink drain and others it just chucks along like a champ!

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

I have experienced the same thing with my old Moto RazrHD. This phone I don't even use. I just let is sit, basic email, Instagram notifications, and whatsapp. There are times when it will last 2 days just sitting on the table and others where it will die in a day.

Do you have the Google Play store set to autoupdate? Sometimes those apps need permission to update and I wonder if it is constantly checking to see if I have approved it. This is a wild guess on my part.

Now in your case with the Note 2, you have a removable battery, so having a spare and popping it in is a simple task. Unlike all the sealed phones where carrying an extra battery pack is something that should be everybody's bag. Or at least a charging cable.
          Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Last night I got home and my phone was at 74% charge still.........at 9pm !!! My google play app is set to manual update so nothing is happening there unless I say so. Basically, some days it drains like crazy and others it's fine. I just find it strange is all!!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"