Pls Guide: 4K TV: Size, Mount, Ideas - Tilted Angled Down, Corner, Flush to wall

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xbliss
    • Mar 2016

Pls Guide: 4K TV: Size, Mount, Ideas - Tilted Angled Down, Corner, Flush to wall

Pls Guide: 4K Display TV: Size, Mount, Ideas - Tilted Angled Down, Corner, Flush to wall

Please advise on 4K Display TV - Size + Mount & mounting ideas - Tilted Angled Down, Corner, Flush to wall

Suggestions on TV size & Mounts/ ideas on designing & implementing this correctly.

Will mostly be using this for computing - no gaming - Serious work with high res 4K space.

Needed Positioning Scenarios:

- Display TV can be Tilted/ Decline Angled appropriately | Much above head mounting
    - Need variable/ changeable decline Angle / tilt to find sweet spot
    - As I'll be sitting on chair back reclined at 135 deg:
    - Why? - Anti Slouching Posture; Neck, Spine & Shoulder saver
    + Standing usage as well - Have an Ergotron arm for that

- Rotate Display in Corner at 45 deg to both Walls - Pos.2
    OR
    - Rotate Display to be Flush parallel to a Wall/ Walls - Pos.1, 3 & 4

Will probably put whiteboard paint/ coating on Walls for use

Based on the tools/ articles on: http://www.rtings.com/tv

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science
    Our TV Sizes to Distance Calculator helps you choose the right size TV for your space. The optimal viewing distance is about 1.6 times the diagonal length of the television. For example, for a 55” TV, the best distance is 7 feet.

Based on TV Size - Widths here, I could fit these in 51/ 52" of Wall to the right.
    42" 36.6"
    46" 40.1"
    50" 43.6"
    55" 47.9"

But the larger it is the more front space it takes up when at 45 deg in Corner - Pos.2

Plan, Elevation & Dimensions attached {Do ask, will update if I missed something}:

Right Wall: Brick - Thicker - Probably Stronger?
    Back Wall: Siporex Board - Slimmer wall - Will check with Archi/Engg of its load capacity

SIPOREX' - lightweight Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC)
    Manufactured from the same components as conventional concrete: cement, sand and water in addition to aluminum powder and other

additives

PS: I must go 4K for Computing Resolution even if Video hasnt caught up yet
    One of the first things you learn about a TV is its resolution. You'll often see the TV's resolution slapped right on the box or even in the model name.

• Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

This seems more like a business application. My best advise is optimize the size for the space. you are apparently sitting close enough that a 40 something inch will be sufficient I would guess. I have no idea about the mounting to optimize your setup. One of our engineering guys may come through and put more thought into that. I just have big screens, for entertainment and normal computer screens for computer work. Interesting drawing, but a little difficult to understand all of it for me.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"