R.I.P. Nicky Hayden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Nicky Hayden

Nicky Hayden, the soft spoken Kentuckian whose rise to fame was on a wave of brilliance on the race track, died 5/22 from injuries sustained when the bicycle he was riding in training was struck by a car. After his AMA Superbike Championship, Honda Motor Corp. offered him his choice of rides. Nicky chose MotoGP, after taking a World Superbike Championship, at the top of the heap and bleeding edge of motorcycle racing, where he again showed flashes of on track brilliance and won a World Championship. We haven't heard much from him in the last few years, but his friendship with teammate Valentino 'The Doctor' Rossi made for some great reading and even better racing. Taken from us at the age of 35, he will be missed by motorcycle racing fans the world over. Rest In Peace, Nicky Hayden.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...illed-in-italy
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

i am totally devastated.
    i would often spend time in the Hayden family pits in the early 90's.
    i knew his mother & dad on first-name basis, along with his brother, Tommy.
    back then, both he & Tommy where winning AMA races when they were too young to have drivers licencees for the street.

the irony of his death on bicycle is as absurd as Michael Schumacher's traumatic brain injury suffered in an otherwise slow, minor fall while snow skiing.

i am just speechless....
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

I expect the losses to accumulate in that field over the years, but this was like a physical blow. This just feels...so...wrong.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Sad guys, there's no explaining it sometimes, shit just happens. :-(
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...