X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul K.
    • Jul 2008

Private Message Notification

According to the Notifications icon, I have one unread Private Message, but I do not. There are 15 messages in my InBox, all of which I've read, the most recent of which was in June this year.
    Paul
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

If you click the notification, does it say you have unread private messages? Or something else? Things like friend requests and visitor message notifications appear there too.

If it does say private messages, here's two things to try:

Select all the messages in your inbox (by clicking the box on the far right of the Inbox header), this should put checkmarks on all the messages.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pm_1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	859410

Then scroll down and click the "Selected Messages" box below the messages and select "Mark as read" and then click Proceed.

Name:	pm_2.png
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	859411

If that doesn't work, try...

When in your inbox, scroll down to the section titled "Display Options", change the "read & replied status" to "unread only" and set the date range to something wide like 1/1/2000 to present. Then click the Apply Filter button. Do any message(s) show in the list? Those are the unread ones.

Name:	pm_3.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	859412

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll have to do some digging in the database next.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"