X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gimpy
    • Sep 2004

double clicking to page back

Admins, Am I the only one that has to do this? I have to double click twice to go back a page. This has been going on for several months now and gets very irritating. This does not happen on other forums. Is it the HT Guide software or some thing else that I am not aware of? I did not find anything about it in a quick search.

thx, Frank
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Did you recently put any type of ad disabling software on? Or perhaps something has modified you hosts file?

Sounds like an ad or banner isn't being loaded resulting in an error. The first back click tries to reload the banner, the second goes back.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

You mean you have to click the back button twice to go back a page?

It's not the forum, it has to be something to do with your browser or some add-on to your browser. I use the back button all the time on here and it works fine. And I have never heard any other complaints. And I would know, as I hate it when sites make the back button not work properly.

What browser are you using? Any add-ons, plugins or toolbars? If you can, try another browser or on another computer and see what happens.

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Frank, same thing here (have to click the back button twice to go back a page), but only when I'm using IE6 which is years out of date. Try another browser, Firefox, Safari, etc, and make sure its up to date.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

I just tried in IE6 and see the same problem. I do my majority of my surfing using Firefox.

It seems to be an issue with Google AdSense:

Others have reported the same issue using IE.

Use Firefox instead, its back button works perfectly here.

I'll mention it to Doug, maybe he can contact Google about the issue.

IE8 in Win7 works fine. I'm installing IE8 on an XP VM to see if that works.

IE8 in XP works too. So, either upgrade to IE8 or use a different browser such as Opera or Firefox and your problem will go away.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I've never had that problem with IE7 or IE8 in Win XP or Vista.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• gimpy
              • Sep 2004

Thx, for the replies. I have an older computer (Dell), about 6-7 years old, I'm guessing. I use "MSN" through Qwest broadband service. The operating system is Windows XP and Internet Explorer is 6.0. Windows is version 5.1. (I got all this info from, well don't remember now, but somewhere in the start menu, I think).

I can surf the I-net, but other than that, I am not real computer literate, as you can tell.

It sounds like (from reading your posts) that I.E. 6 might be the cuplrit? Before I do anything, I do have to check with the wife as she does use this computer for work, at times.

But, again, the problem is only with HT Guide, not any of the other sites I visit.

thx, for the replies. I will do some checking.

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

If nothing else, just go to Windows Update and get the latest version of IE!
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• gimpy
                  • Sep 2004

Just wanted to update this posting. I just now, in the last 30 minutes, did the I.E. 8 update. Took about 30 minutes to do it. I have been on this site for about 5-10 minutes now going back and forth between the different areas/ posts.

So far, so good. I'm not having to double click to page back. . So, depending how it works with other programs/sites, I will deem it a success. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions. Sorry, it took so long, but thx again all.

Comment

• SoundOfNothing
                    • Aug 2009

my only issue is that if I am mid way through a page, hit the back button, then the fwd button, it doesnt return to the same spot in the page (mid point per my example). It always takes me to the top of the page so i have to scroll down, ah bigger fish to fry in life but none the less a little annoying

Comment

• numberoneoppa
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SoundOfNothing
                      my only issue is that if I am mid way through a page, hit the back button, then the fwd button, it doesnt return to the same spot in the page (mid point per my example). It always takes me to the top of the page so i have to scroll down, ah bigger fish to fry in life but none the less a little annoying
                      Start using tabs habitually. If you want to go to another page but don't want to lose your place on the current page, then open it in a tab. Bam, problem solved.

=)
                      -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"