X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Finleyville
    • Sep 2006

Parts Express banner not working

Anyway...

I was about to make a purchase with PE and wanted to use the link-through banner from this site. However, the banner script doesn't seem to be active. Nothing happens on my PC. Is this a problem with me or the site? BTW the other banners work fine.
    BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

It's working fine for me. Do you have any scripting disabled on your browser?

Try clearing your browser cache. There was a time last week when there was a broken banner up, and maybe that is still in your cache.

If the banner on top isn't working for you, try the one on the bottom of the page. Or click here

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Our firewall at work never lets the PE banner through.
      At least, that is what someone at work said.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

guys, if you cannot see the Flash banner at top of page, how about the HTML banner at bottom of page? Kevin, maybe just add a text link down there too, if this is a problem, we definitely want to use the click through for all orders, and I DO appreciate you guys thinking about this too, very much.

Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

I'll look and see if there's a way to code things so that if flash is disabled, a regular link or jpg banner appears instead.

The link on the bottom should always work, as it's just a standard hyperlink tag on an image. If the image doesn't load for some reason, the ALT tag will appear instead, and that will be clickable.

Comment

• wkhanna
            • Jan 2006

The link at the bottom of the page works, but not the one at the top. At least that's what my co-worker said this morning at the water fountain.
            _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

Does it work for you at work Bill? Also, do you see the banner? If you see the top banner, but it doesn't respond to clicking, clear your browser cache and try again.

Also, what browser are you (and your co-worker) using, and are you running any ad blockers?

Comment

• wkhanna
                • Jan 2006

Hi Kevin,

The top link never shows at work. I am on a server network and many Java scripts do not function, if that means anything? You are dealing the 'IT challenged' when talking to me ops:

There is not banner, just an outlined rectangle that shows the little icon in the top left corner with the circle, square & triangle that tells you there is a pic, but it is showing. If I click 'properties' inside the box, it only displays the URL for the site.

Again, I am on a server, so I can't clear my cache.

I believe our browser may be firefox based OS, but everything looks and runs like windows. Scripted windows don't function at work, either.

Again, this is only at work, it has worked fine at home.
                _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by wkhanna
                  I believe our browser may be firefox based OS.....
                  Update:
                  Not 'firefox', maybe 'thunderbird'?

What is with all the animal references?
                  _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Thirsty93
                    • Jan 2009

Foxtrot Charlie,whiskey tago for vector?2 boggies in the weeds at your six,put 2 on target danger close,Roger?
                    Your sound room is only limited by the amount of money in your pocket.

Comment

• Finleyville
                      • Sep 2006

I see the banner up on top but nothing happens when I click. I did clear out my cache. The banners on the bottom and on the main page of this site work like a charm.
                      BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"