X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Remote through/around walls

I'm looking at locating my HT equipment in a room, all hidden from sight. This brings the problem of course that typical remotes won't work.

Can I buy a piece of equipment to pass the signal through the wall (ie in-wall receiver visible from ht room, transmitter in equipment room), or do I need a radio freq. remote, or ...?

Suggestions and links to equipment appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

google "IR repeater"
    Jason

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Paul, you can use some IR repeaters that have tiny bugs that you attach to your IR receiver on each one of your components, they all attach to a single box that has a receiver that you hide in a location that you want.
      You can also go with a remote like the MX3000 that has bulit in RF in the hanheld unit that corresponds with an add on RF receiver that converts the signal back to IR and uses the bugs to complete the signal.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Paul H
        • Feb 2004

Thanks guys - I sort of knew what I was looking for but couldn't remember what they were called.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"