Who has bought a projector last year or two?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

looks great jon. Congrats. My PJ is way behind the curve, but for my single guy viewing, I've about settled on smaller screens and sitting closer. I just have to much stuff in my great room to effectively keep a PJ setup up all the time. The screen is still there, frankly, a little too large for my 16:9 ratio screen. But that's how it goes. I got what I thought was the right decision, but thought I would wind up moving eventually. Now, I think that looks more doubtful than ever. So I wish I had a bit smaller screen. Mine is merely 1080p, but that's ok for me, when I want to set it up, its mot all that difficult, but I was trying to open up my room a bit and create the illusion of more space. Fact is, I just have too much stuff in every room! Working full time, and getting older, it's hard to balance my time and get things done I want to get done. That is one reason I parked my PJ out of service for now, and watch a Samsung 55" curved front 4K up close, or my 1080p 60" plasma, which has outstanding image quality. Well, goodluck on that screen estimate! Let us know how it all turns out. Congrats on the Epson.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I really wanted to get a new projector....but the 4k stuff just isn't performing well enough at my price point so I've decided to just wait. Possibly going to be picking up a new 65-75" tv though. If I didn't need a new computer and some new tools I'd probably go for the 5040ub, but I don't have that to spend right now.

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

We all have our constraints and issues.... this is a slow process for me because there are so many other things that have to be taken care of- just spent a week off from work, working on that (related to house clearing, talking to realtors with the kids, etc.) but I was in the office half a day three days last week, because the engineering group I'm in is down 40% of it's normal staffing level...

Finally found a little time Sunday evening to start putting together the screen- documented in another thread...
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Well, comprehensive exams are finally done (and more importantly, passed--I love pass/fail grading).

Will be catching up on overdue household chores in the next few weeks, then finally be putting up the 85-inch screen I bought to replace my current 64-inch screen. Until then, the current screen has been doing well. I've been running through some Marvel movies with my son to get him up to speed for the latest Avengers movie. They've looked quite good in 3-D (have been using that feature more often lately). I look forward to 3-D on the bigger screen, but even at 64", my Epson 5030ub does a bang-up job (better than most non-IMAX 3-D I've seen at local cinemas--mostly because of the brightness).

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"