X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joh
    • Jul 2008

Pairing Center channel with Concertino Domus

Hey folks. I am new to the form. I am looking at purchasing a center channel to match my Concertino's. $1,300 for the Center Domus is a chunk of change and I really don't watch ton's of movies. However, when I do I feel like the dialogue gets lost. I have found several Solo Home center channels on Audiogon but I am not sure if they will pair well. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Bostonears
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by joh
      Hey folks. I am new to the form. I am looking at purchasing a center channel to match my Concertino's. $1,300 for the Center Domus is a chunk of change and I really don't watch ton's of movies. However, when I do I feel like the dialogue gets lost. I have found several Solo Home center channels on Audiogon but I am not sure if they will pair well. Any thoughts?
      Assuming your Concertinos are not Concertino Domus, the best center for you would be a used Solo. I do not, however, recommend the smaller Piccolo Solo. I previously owned one and found it quite deficient.

Comment

• joh
        • Jul 2008

Thanks for the quick reply Bostonears. However, I do have the Concertino Dormus. So, based on your comments the Solo would not be the fit... which means cha-ching on the center. That is a lot of money. I go back and forth on it. Do I really need at center or am I happy with a stereo. I have a place up the road that I can go and listen to the Center Domus. I guess that is the next step.

Comment

• Kream
          • Jul 2008

Mounting Sonus Faber Concerto on Wall?

Hello,

I am new to the thread. I enjoyed reading the comments within. I recently moved into a new home and cannot use my SF Concertos on thier stands and have them properly located. I need to find a way to mount these on the wall. Has anyone attempted this?

I just love these speakers and can't seem to part with them. I really don't want to buy new speakers, although I may have to.

By the way I have Grand Pianos up front, SOLO (not Picolo) center, and Concertos in the rear. These are the original series, not Home.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

Comment

• SoundEngine355
            • Feb 2008

Anyone own the Cremona M speakers?
            SoundEngine355

-------------------
            [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Kevin, I use Solo center and Concerto sidese, with Extrema mains and Grand Piano rears. :-)

There's not solution I am aware of, however, why is it so difficult to come up with shelves to hold these speakers maybe?

Cremona M, what is the M for SoundEngine?
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kream
                • Jul 2008

Lex,

Thanks for the response. Your setup sounds fantastic. Bet it sounds even better. I was contemplating the shelf approach, I just wasn't sure how such a large speaker would look on a high shelf.

Thanks again. I think I will try the shelf approach.

Regards,

Kevin

Comment

• simonc
                  • Nov 2008

Best performance from SF Domus 5.1 system

I'm new to audio and seeking advice. I read with great interest the idea of running my Cambridge Audio AZUR 640r AVR thru the Emotiva XPA-5 Amp to improve the sound through the SF Domus speakers in 2ch and 5.1ch.

My setup is - I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 640r AV Receiver, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player, Pioneer DVD player all inputting to the 640r. My speakers are Sonus Faber Domus Concerto Fronts, a Domus Centre and 2 x Domus Concertino surrounds and M&K sub (5.1 surround sound).

Is it even worth adding the Emotiva XPA-5 Amp?? I could add the Emotive XPA-2 and let the AZUR handle the centre and surrounds. Ultimately I'd like the Emotive XMC-1 preamp too.

Any advice gratefully appreciated as I'm trying to slowly upgrade into separates......starting with a better Amp, then the preamp.....

Thanks,

SimonC

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

XPA-1 are coming an should make everything sing :T
                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Tommy
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lex

Cremona M, what is the M for SoundEngine?
                      M stands for "Modified." Basically it's a MKII version of the Cremona. The entire Cremona line has been upgraded to the "M" version.

Comment

• simonc
                        • Nov 2008

Best performance from SF Domus 5.1 system

Originally posted by simonc
                        I'm new to audio and seeking advice. I read with great interest the idea of running my Cambridge Audio AZUR 640r AVR thru the Emotiva XPA-5 Amp to improve the sound through the SF Domus speakers in 2ch and 5.1ch.

My setup is - I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 640r AV Receiver, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player, Marantz DV7001- DVD player all inputting to the 640r. My speakers are Sonus Faber Domus Concerto Fronts, a Domus Centre and 2 x Domus Concertino surrounds and M&K sub (5.1 surround sound).
                        I've been looking more at this issue and it would seem that a better option would be to add a dedicated 2ch stereo amp to run the Concertos. Something like either the CA Azur 750A or 840A or the recently released Roksan Kandy K2 to the pre outs of the 640r. That leaves the AV receiver to power the centre and surrounds and the stereo amp to power the fronts.

The added bonus is way better 2 ch music.

Anyone have comments on this approach?

Thanks,

SimonC

Comment

• TUF
                          • Jan 2009

Contreto grand piano mids not working

Getting tweeters only, wired the mids direct still no sound. What can be wrong???

Comment

• simonc
                            • Nov 2008

Hi all,

Just added a rotel RB985-MKII to my CA640-R AV receiver. The SF Domus speakers come to life like no other.

A good power amp seems to make quite a big difference to these speakers.

Comment

• mgrabow
                              • Dec 2009

Sous Faber Clone

Check out this Sonus Clone.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• greggp2
                                • Mar 2010

Hey Guys...

I am in the process of deciding between a pair of the new Sonus Faber Cremona M's or an older pair (about 10 years old) pair of Sonus Faber Amati's in excellent condition. The pre-owned Amati's will cost me about $2,500 more, and I'm wondering which you guys prefer or think is a better speaker and why.

I already have a pair of Cremona Auditors and love them. I'm thinking about using them as centers or as surrounds once I purchase one of the speakers I mentioned above. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated...

Thanks..

Comment

• Lex
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Apr 2001

A classic great speaker is a classic great speaker. Amati Hommage were of course the pinnicle 10 years ago. I see now they make the Amati Anniversererio or something like that. Was interesting to see what all they make now, I just visited their web site.

I find that whatever is on the rear is way underutilized in home theaters today. So, the Auditors will be overkill as rears, but would sonically be a nice match with Cremona M's for surround I bet. I have no idea how the Ms will rate with Amati sound. You've got to get to someone that has heared them, not me. I know one thing, the "Voice" center channel is a great place to put your money for home theater. For stereo, well duh... :-)

We should of course, begin to think about speaker's age at some point, but try prying my Extremas away from me... So, no real knowledge of how long the Amatis would be works of art to continue as they have the last 10 years.

Doug
                                  Doug

Comment

• qnord
                                    • Mar 2010

Cremona Auditor with Bel Canto s300iu

Hello friends,

I have been hooked by the Cremona Auditor for some time now, and am considering to get them from a local dealer who is selling the shop demo unit with stands for a $3100. Not sure how old it is though, but it sounds amazing with the McIntosh rig.

However the choice of matching audio gear (within my budget ) is limited here, and currently the Bel Canto s300iu seems like a decent match to make a minimalist setup for enjoying my flac collection.

I haven't had a chance to audition this combination together yet, and would like your opinion on it.
                                    Also the Bel Canto costs about $2200, is there any other combination (USB DAC + integrated amplifier) in this range which would go nice with the Auditor's?

thanks

Comment

• brodricj
                                      • Aug 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have migrated over here from the Club Parasound forum. I'm just doing some on-line homework over my next speaker upgrade, and SF Cremona M have come to my attention (MSRP $16k AUD in Australia). If for no other reason than they look good and thus one less problem to overcome with the WAF.

My electronics have evolved recently to Halcro (SSP180 and MC70) and my trusty Aragon 8008Mk2 for main amp. My main speakers are Definitive Technology BP10 and I've got them dialled in to perfection, and they sound amazing. However in my leap towards Hi-end hardware accreditation the DT's probably don't cut the mustard, and hence I'm contemplating Cromona M. However that's a lot of coin to lay down to "upgrade" something that sounds outstanding in the first place.

Ultimately I want to replace the Aragon amp with a Halcro DM38 and then my hand will be forced, the DT's will need to go. I'm not going to be the only guy on the planet with a $1k pair of speakers attached to a $20k Halcro amp! So do I take a leap of faith with SF or not? Your opinions are sought. Thanks.

Comment

• Lex
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Apr 2001

Oh Sf not only look good, but they are awesome speakers for anything classical, jazz, ,generally, and maybe a lot more. My Extremas have never disappointed me. Old but good technology. There are weaknesses in the lower line speakers, but your certainly up the food chain and should not be disappointed!

Please when you say Sf, don't capitalize the f, it's just got to be so.... Sf

Doug
                                        Doug

Comment

• speakerman19422
                                          • Feb 2010

I am sure a good bit of the price is in the excellent finish. Many companies are using automated spray finishes like Wilson Audio and some of the B&W. Real hardwood is rare. And I mean real hardwood not just a veneer. Once heard one of thir mini monitors with what looked like a Dynaudio Esotar and 6 1/2" Hi-Vi poly cone that retailed for around 6k at the former Bryn Mawr Stereo before they became Tweeter. If you felt the cabinets at high spl there were no resonances If they are using 6db X/O they must be hiqh quality drivers with no peaks . I don't think they ever used Kevlar cones. I wish there was still a dealer in my area to compare my various Fried's.

Comment

• Michelino
                                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by brodricj
                                            Hi Everyone,

I have migrated over here from the Club Parasound forum. I'm just doing some on-line homework over my next speaker upgrade, and SF Cremona M have come to my attention (MSRP $16k AUD in Australia). If for no other reason than they look good and thus one less problem to overcome with the WAF.

My electronics have evolved recently to Halcro (SSP180 and MC70) and my trusty Aragon 8008Mk2 for main amp. My main speakers are Definitive Technology BP10 and I've got them dialled in to perfection, and they sound amazing. However in my leap towards Hi-end hardware accreditation the DT's probably don't cut the mustard, and hence I'm contemplating Cromona M. However that's a lot of coin to lay down to "upgrade" something that sounds outstanding in the first place.

Ultimately I want to replace the Aragon amp with a Halcro DM38 and then my hand will be forced, the DT's will need to go. I'm not going to be the only guy on the planet with a $1k pair of speakers attached to a $20k Halcro amp! So do I take a leap of faith with SF or not? Your opinions are sought. Thanks.
                                            I contemplated upgrading my Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand's to the Cremona M's before the holidays as a local dealer near me was letting his showroom speakers go for over 4 grand off retail. They had around 500 hours of play on them. I did audition them and they looked and sounded great and am pretty sure they would be a fair bit of an upgrade sound wise to my Mozart Grand's. I just wasn't completely sold that even with the good price (still almost 3 times as much as my Mozart Grand's) that they were even twice as good as them. Ultimately I didn't pull the trigger because I have VA's Waltz Grand surrounds and the Maestro Grand center and wanting to keep everything the same won out. Although I would think the Cremona M's would probably still blend in pretty well as far as looks go and the sound.

Comment

• greggp2
                                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Lex
                                              A classic great speaker is a classic great speaker. Amati Hommage were of course the pinnicle 10 years ago. I see now they make the Amati Anniversererio or something like that. Was interesting to see what all they make now, I just visited their web site.

I find that whatever is on the rear is way underutilized in home theaters today. So, the Auditors will be overkill as rears, but would sonically be a nice match with Cremona M's for surround I bet. I have no idea how the Ms will rate with Amati sound. You've got to get to someone that has heared them, not me. I know one thing, the "Voice" center channel is a great place to put your money for home theater. For stereo, well duh... :-)

We should of course, begin to think about speaker's age at some point, but try prying my Extremas away from me... So, no real knowledge of how long the Amatis would be works of art to continue as they have the last 10 years.Doug
                                              Thanks Doug. I actually picked up a pair of older Cremonas in mint condition. They arrive Friday. If they sound anything like the combo of the Cremona Auditors and Rel Britannia I am currently running, I will be more than thrilled!

I'm debating using the Auditors as a Center and using a Y connector and 2x200 watt Amps to power them. What do you think about that idea? I have Sf walls for the rears, which I think should be more than sufficient.

Btw, those Extremas are supposed to be one of Sonus's best speakers ever. I don't blame you for not parting with them.

Comment

• greggp2
                                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by qnord
                                                Hello friends,

I have been hooked by the Cremona Auditor for some time now, and am considering to get them from a local dealer who is selling the shop demo unit with stands for a $3100. Not sure how old it is though, but it sounds amazing with the McIntosh rig.

However the choice of matching audio gear (within my budget ) is limited here, and currently the Bel Canto s300iu seems like a decent match to make a minimalist setup for enjoying my flac collection.

I haven't had a chance to audition this combination together yet, and would like your opinion on it.
                                                Also the Bel Canto costs about $2200, is there any other combination (USB DAC + integrated amplifier) in this range which would go nice with the Auditor's?

thanks
                                                I have no experience with Bel Canto, but am powering a pair of Auditors with an Outlaw 7700 7x200watt amp.. I have the Auditors crossing over to a REL Britannia B1 at 50hz. The combo is the best I've had in my home thus far for music. I recently sold off my B&W 802 Nautilus and haven't looked back.

Comment

• miner
                                                  • Mar 2005

I have just upgraded my Dynaudio 52se/Stand4 + Sub20A (all FS, BTW) to some Auditor Ms and dedicated stand. Still breaking in with my McIntosh electronics. The 6" mid-bass is surprisingly deep - I am awaiting the delivery of my REL B2 (cherry).

Greggp2,
                                                  How do you have yours Xover @ 50hz - -s the B1 between the preamp and amp? If not I assume the Auditors are getting full range.

Comment

• greggp2
                                                    • Mar 2010

I have an Onkyo 886. I have the crossover set on the pre-amp and have the LFE hooked into by B1 from the pre-amp

Comment

• greggp2
                                                      • Mar 2010

I actually received my Cremonas on Friday. They sound incredible. I now have my crossover set to 40hz. The system sounds great. I now need a Cremona Center to finish my system and I'll be moving my Auditors to my bedroom system.

Comment

• Lex
                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Apr 2001

Purists would probably say the imaging would be all screwed up with dual tweeters running a pair of Center speakers. Best I can say is try it both ways, a single speaker and a double.

I am now playing my Concertos on stereo only system in my back bedroom/photography/audio room. Ok, it's not a bedroom at all. lol.

I am getting my Concertinos out of the box for my sides on my theater, continue to run Grand Piano rears for now. All older Sf.
                                                        Doug

Comment

• greggp2
                                                          • Mar 2010

I have a similar system in my bedroom as well. Pair of concertos with a solo home center and concertinos in the rears.

I tried the two auditors for the center and they don't sound right. There seems to be sound being canceled by the two tweeters. I am currently only using one now until I can find a nice preowned Cremona center.

Enjoy your systems.

Gregg

Comment

• tomasito
                                                            • Dec 2009

I am contemplating of upgrading my LSI9 with the the 1st generation cremona auditor. I will be auditioning one this afternoon. The person is selling it for 2900 with stands. Is this a good price. For me it's alot of coins. My question this afternoon, will the sound I hear be worth $2900?

Comment

• scarpi
                                                              • Jul 2008

Hi all, I just noticed this Sonus Faber club, so I thought I'd join the party. I currently own a pair of Paradigm Studio 100 ver2 speakers. My electronics consist of B&K 200.5 amp and B&K Ref 30 preamp. I have recently been reading the reviews of the Luito tower speaker and am seriously considering it to replace my Paradigms. I have not heard it yet but I do have a local dealer here in town. I was wondering what you Sonus Faber afficianatos thought of this speaker. My main interest is music (piano trio jazz) but I do also enjoy movies on my system. Any thoughts on this new speaker for jazz and home theater. Thanks Don :T

Comment

• Lex
                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Apr 2001

Don, I have not heard them yet, but so far, I've not seen Sf make a bad speaker, so, let's see if anyone else has experience... Welcome, and if you have a dealer, go hear them! I no longer have a dealer in town that I am aware of at all. :-(

Doug
                                                                Doug

Comment

• scarpi
                                                                  • Jul 2008

Thanks for the reply Doug. I do have a dealer here for the Paradigms and Sonus Fabers. Basically I was going to compare the Liutos at $6000/pair to the Paradigm Signature S6 at about $5000/pair. Of course sonics will determine what I buy, not cost. The Sonus Faber comes highly recommended and I know from experience that Paradigm gives you alot for the money. I wish I could get more info on the Sonus Faber website about the technical details about the drivers and construction and not just the artistic values of the Luito and its specs. Although I do appreciate all that info. The Paradigm website actually shows details about the construction of the speaker. Does anybody know what company builds the drivers for the Luito and is there anywhere to get more info about the actual internal construction of the Liuto? I know they are well made, but before spending $6k, I would like more info on its actual build details. Thanks all!! :T
                                                                  Last edited by scarpi; 09 June 2010, 17:57 Wednesday.

Comment

• miner
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

Thought I would attach an image of my setup.

Cremona Auditor M
                                                                    REL B2
                                                                    McIntoch C2300
                                                                    McIntosh MC252
                                                                    Rega P7 w/Dynavector DV20X-H
                                                                    Rotel RC-1072
                                                                    APC H15
                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

• tomasito
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Dec 2009

nice!

Comment

• scarpi
                                                                        • Jul 2008

Nice combo, McIntosh, Sonus faber, and REL! Looks great and probably sounds super. :T

Comment

• scarpi
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Jul 2008

Well I did it today, went to my Sonus faber dealer and heard the Liuto. It was a huge improvement over my Paradigm Studio 100 v2 speakers. The sound was more open, the performers were like in the room. The silk dome tweeter was detailed and not harsh at all. The 9 inch aluminum/magnesium woofer got all the bass from acoustic bass and electric bass. It was solid and tight but full like you could see the acoustic bass in the room. I hate to say it but I loved my Paradigms but although they sounded good to me, they seemed constrained as if the sound was coming out of a speaker while the Liutos brought the instruments into the room. So I bought a pair of piano black Liutos!! :T

Comment

• Big Air Nig
                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                            • Oct 2010

SF GP and Amati

Well I used to own these Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home ... [used with Moon i5 integrated and Ayre C5-XE CD player]

Then underwent a major upgrade in December 09 ..... to Amati Palladio (Special Edition model) with Moon Pre/power and Gryphon Mikado Signature CD player:-

All I can say is WOW ... I love these !!

I did look at the Cremona M initially, then the Elipsa, but once I heard these (and saw them too, if I'm honest!) it was game over.....

I tried many other speakers and amps/CD's but just love the Moon / SF combo - they seem to match each other very well.

Nig

Comment

• wettou
                                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                                              • May 2006
                                                                              • 3389

Originally posted by Big Air Nig
                                                                              Well I used to own these Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home ... [used with Moon i5 integrated and Ayre C5-XE CD player]

Then underwent a major upgrade in December 09 ..... to Amati Palladio (Special Edition model) with Moon Pre/power and Gryphon Mikado Signature CD player:-

All I can say is WOW ... I love these !!

I did look at the Cremona M initially, then the Elipsa, but once I heard these (and saw them too, if I'm honest!) it was game over.....

I tried many other speakers and amps/CD's but just love the Moon / SF combo - they seem to match each other very well.

Nig
                                                                              Very nice I love it I am a big Fan of Sonus Faber for Classical music but for movies they really lack

The design is alos gorgeous I am worried about the quality of the workmanship, I used to have an Alfa Romeo and it was in the shop every other week!! Same with Sim2 Seleco HT300 failed three times in two years, what a waist of money. Beautifull indeed but I wonder about quality
                                                                              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Big Air Nig
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Oct 2010
                                                                                • 2

I had a pair of Sonus Faber Grand Piano - before my Amati and they never missed a beat over 6 years ....... a friend of mine has some stand mounts that have been perfect for a long time now .....

I doubt you will have any such issues with SF speakers - not the same as Alfa's !!

Comment

• GoldenEar
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2010
                                                                                  • 1

Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M vs B&W 805D

Just listened to both. I had the Auditor M's at home for a few days and listed to the 805D in the store. Electronics were similar: Mackintosh CD and integrated for both. My impression was the that 805 were much more "accurate" and well defined. By that I mean that each of the instruments could easily be resolved. They also filled the room with music to a much larger extent. The bass seemed deeper as well. HOWEVER, I found that I enjoyed listening to the SF auditor M's much more. They also had a much wider sound stage. They were just playing music rather than making me listen to the music. In fact, I was glad when the 805's were turned off but wanted the auditor M's to keep on playing. This may just be me. But I thought I would put in my 2 cents.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2006
                                                                                    • 3389

Originally posted by GoldenEar
                                                                                    Just listened to both. I had the Auditor M's at home for a few days and listed to the 805D in the store. Electronics were similar: Mackintosh CD and integrated for both. My impression was the that 805 were much more "accurate" and well defined. By that I mean that each of the instruments could easily be resolved. They also filled the room with music to a much larger extent. The bass seemed deeper as well. HOWEVER, I found that I enjoyed listening to the SF auditor M's much more. They also had a much wider sound stage. They were just playing music rather than making me listen to the music. In fact, I was glad when the 805's were turned off but wanted the auditor M's to keep on playing. This may just be me. But I thought I would put in my 2 cents.
                                                                                    Yes I istened to SF Elips and 802Di and liked the 802Di much better for classical music violin primarily with tube amps the SF were nice but B&W 802Di with Classé amps where much more acurate and sounded better to me :T

Comment

• stereophonic
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Dec 2010
                                                                                      • 6

Sonus Faber Elipsa vs B&W 802 Diamond

Hi.
                                                                                      I've been comparing those speakers with my Dartzeel cth-8550, Esoteric X03 SE and my cables Mit Shotgun Ma, Transparent Reference RCA.
                                                                                      My conclusion is that the 802 is too analitical with the musicality of the Dartzeel, who is more balanced on the Elipsa and the diamond tweeter is too shiny on the armonics.

Attached Files

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                        • May 2006
                                                                                        • 3389

To each his own.

Sonus Faber rules on string instruments yes :T but anything else not so good and forget movies

Comment

• scarpi
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Jul 2008
                                                                                          • 87

Originally posted by wettou
                                                                                          To each his own.

Sonus Faber rules on string instruments yes :T but anything else not so good and forget movies
                                                                                          Yes to each his own.......I listen to alot of jazz on my Sonus fabers. They sound very open and three dimensional, the highs are very revealing and yet smooth, from the fabric dome tweeter, and the bass response is amazing. I find the aluminum/magnesium woofer to be very fast and "punchy" with good control. Speakers in general are dependant on the room, placement, and the electronics in the system. Perhaps you heard them in an environment that was not the best. I've never heard that Sonus fabers are as you say "not so good".

Comment

• brrader
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • Jan 2011
                                                                                            • 1

Looking for ideas to pair w/ Sonus Faber Toy Monitors

Hi all. New to the forum. I have enjoyed reading & learning. I am looking to rebuild my system. We lived on a boat for a bunch of years & made do. I kept some stuff in storage: my B&W P4s, my Rotel RA-840BX3 amplifier, and my Marantz DR700 compact disc player/recorder. It has been great to get these back & fun to hear them again, but... it was not as wonderful as I remembered.

So, I recently acquired and am getting to know a nice pair of Sonus Faber Toy Monitor Speakers and a REL T5 sub. I am running these off the Rotel primary with the B&Ws in another room running off the Rotel secondary. Nice. Very, Very different than the B&Ws. The Toys are very precise on the high end, but at times a bit shrill to me (or just different & need some time to appreciate accurate high end). The sub is a HUGE difference, too. The B&Ws never put out bass like this!

Anyway, lots of new & I am thinking about an amp upgrade for the Toys. I may keep 2 systems and put the Rotel out in the bigger living area & keep the newer system in my music/tv room: it is a very small room (but is what it is), approx. 13' x 12'. I put in cork floor to help quiet things, still waiting on curtains. So, any good ideas on how to improve this system? In a 'perfect world', I would love to have both a 2-channel system and a 3.1 system for movies (all in this little room; I know full surround would disappoint). I am especially interested in improving the amp. Is the $500, 20 year old Rotel the weak link here? I think it probably is. Any ideas are appreciated! It is fun to be dabbling in good music again. Getting better & better sound really makes me happy!

Thanks!
                                                                                            Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"