X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 70sMac
    • Aug 2020

B&W Centers in the Present Day?

I realize that this can get to be quite confusing, so I'll try to stick as closely as possible to what I've learned.

I did a search on older B&W centers and found a [very old] thread that involved comparing certain B&W center speakers to other B&W centers, which is what brought me here.

We've owned red cherry B&W 802Ns and 805Ns for quite a few years now and, quite frankly, we're pretty happy with what they do for us. Although we spent over a decade in a quiet condo environment, we are now back in a house, so our thoughts have gone back to 2-channel stereo and...the other reason I'm here: simple home theater. In short, we have a large room that's tagged for a humble 5.1 home theater setup, so we're looking for a B&W center speaker that won't disturb the excellent "soundstage" that the 802Ns are capable of adding to.

Although we've looked for an HTM1, on and off, for many years, we never got the job done. They're very hard to find now and, quite frankly, it's even harder to find one that's still in great shape...which brings me to an alternative (I hope). We have a line on a (local) red cherry HTM3S that, according to some, is a direct replacement for the HTM1 that was designed for placement between the 80XN fronts...so the question to the folks on the HTGF is: Do you see any big issues with placing a B&W HTM3S in between a pair of 802Ns?

I know that there are other threads dealing with similar questions, but a lot of time has passed since most of what I've read about the older B&W centers was written, so I trust that you understand the desire for a fresh take on this...and any other thoughts on the HTM3S, in general, will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, folks...

P.S - The amplification for our 5.1 system will be a Mac MC300 and a Mac MC207...
    Last edited by 70sMac; 25 August 2020, 23:17 Tuesday.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"