X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Making some drum sounds...

It's crazy how things work out sometimes, I have an affinity for quality drums, and discovered a niche' market drum, that is solid shell, no glue, no layers. The company is called John Craviotto drums. Sadly John passed away I think in 2016, but his company and drums live on. I have 2 here now, and 1 more on the way, all out of different hardwoods.

I have a 5"X 14" Cherry snare drum, a 4.25 X 14" snare drum (Zebrawood) Arrives FRIDAY, it god delayed a day. I also got today, drum roll... A 14 X 14" Walnut floor tom to add to my small set, and bring it up to 4 tom toms, it fit BEAUTIFULLY tonally, and gives it that botton end BANG that the set needed. I did not get the wood rims or claw lugs that attach to wood rims sadly. I have metal, but that is ok, my rest of my set is metal true hoops from DW. Is this not a gorgeous drum with maple inlay? I am beside myself, I am so giddy!!! I think the middle inlay on the drum also has Cherry, but I am not certain. I know it's not Walnut.

I am adding this and either of the 2 snares to my DW small set. I also have a spare DW applewood snare drum and a DW 7 or 8" DW Cherry snare drum, both Collectors editions. I am having to much fun at to much money.

I now have a full set of craviatto drums, these are deep drums, Walnut, and solid shell, they are steam bent. I am working on getting a snare to match the Cravs, they are beautiful drums and so deep sounding. I have a line on a 6.5 X 14 snare drum to matchj my set, it will give me options, I will be talking to them on Saturday about the drum. Very cool I thinik...;
    This is what is called a bop set, that means 1 top up and 2 toms down, 22" bass drum, Walnut solid shells. Deep deep sound, and I added DW hardware to make the set rock. I love drums and guitars. yeah, I do. :-)
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"