X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickelec
    • Nov 2018

Wiring my house

Hey guys maybe I can get some answers here, so I'm a licensed electrician currently roughing in my own home . I want to do an audio system through out nothing really to crazy
    I probably will end up with about 8-10 speakers I was thinking either Yamahas or polk audio.
    I'm thinking one zone I can't ever seeing myself playing different songs in different areas etc
    I would like to have volume control in my master
    And first floor separate my first floor would consist of kitchen living dining room open concept
    I also would like to have a keypad in my master and somewhere on the first floor..
    So my questions are as follows
    What type of system would u suggest I was looking st Niles,sonos

Can the keypad actually control volume in each room if so I would assume that the speakers I want to be controlled would have to be looped in together

To make life easier should I just run all speakers independently to one location where I plan on putting the amp.and a cat 6 to where I would like to put volume control/keypad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I would say Sonos. The all in one systems limit you too much on growth. Sonos can start out one zone then expand easily.

1: wire everything back to one location
    2: put a volume control in each zone.
    3: run a cat cable to each volume control
    4: also run that rooms speaker wire through this location.

With a impedance matching speaker selector or impedance matching volume controls, you could start out with a Sonos amp and traditional volume controls. Sonos app would be music selection and overall volume, wall controls would be per room volume. Don't want music in that room, turn it all the way down.

You could then easily start breaking out zones by adding more Sonos pieces. There's a few third party Sonos wall controls, but they're battery powered stick on remotes, but the cat wire in place should have you prepared for whatever you choose.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"