Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackyflipside
    • Nov 2006

Feedback on MTM planar enclosure/driver selection

Looking for feedback on this crossover I've been kicking around for my cousin who really wants a planar tweeter.

It's an MTM with 6" Dayton RS150 mids and a planar tweeter. I want to use the Dayton PT2C-8 but it has an aggressive roll-off after 10kHz, which makes me want to redesign with the Fountek NeoCD1.0.

I think I'll need more components to tame the top end of the Fountek, trying to budget around $400/pair. Any opinions on that switch being worth it?

Also I can't figure out a good vented design for this, I thought around 30 liters of volume tuned to ???hz, but considering the small size of the drivers, is vented going to offer that much more extension?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ECl1Otf.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	935684

Name:	QFdAhC1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	935685

Name:	DI08yR5.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	935686
    Last edited by theSven; 02 May 2023, 20:12 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
    -Chris B

;x( DIY
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"