X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlarzon
    • Apr 2018

New Finalists?

Hi!
    I'm new here and have just started on my finalists build, I've held of for a while since the Dayton RS28F tweeters were expensive to source due to them being sold out almost everywhere and an updated version with the morel CAT was coming.
    I heard that the new version is done, but I can't find it, or any information on the speakerdesignworks page? And the RS28F are impossible to source now.

I have the Dayton RS225's and the Vifa NE149 with crossovers, except for the RS28F tweeter and its crossover parts. I've scoured the web in search for the crossovers but I'm coming up empty.
    Can somebody shed some light on the situation?
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jlarzon
    Hi!
    I'm new here and have just started on my finalists build, I've held of for a while since the Dayton RS28F tweeters were expensive to source due to them being sold out almost everywhere and an updated version with the morel CAT was coming.
    I heard that the new version is done, but I can't find it, or any information on the speakerdesignworks page? And the RS28F are impossible to source now.

I have the Dayton RS225's and the Vifa NE149 with crossovers, except for the RS28F tweeter and its crossover parts. I've scoured the web in search for the crossovers but I'm coming up empty.
    Can somebody shed some light on the situation?
    Meniscus asked Curt to select a new tweeter and update the Finalist design. Meniscus will be able to provide parts and crossover for the new version.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• jlarzon
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
      Meniscus asked Curt to select a new tweeter and update the Finalist design. Meniscus will be able to provide parts and crossover for the new version.

HTH

Jim
      Thank you for the response.

So the new design is exclusive to meniscus? I checked and just the tweeters with the most basic components will run me over $400 from meniscus. Shipping($50+ alone), taxes and customs kills it.
      Never the less, I e-mailed meniscus... Hopefully they can help so I don't have to scrap the project.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jlarzon
        Thank you for the response.

So the new design is exclusive to meniscus? I checked and just the tweeters with the most basic components will run me over $400 from meniscus. Shipping($50+ alone), taxes and customs kills it.
        Never the less, I e-mailed meniscus... Hopefully they can help so I don't have to scrap the project.
        I wasn't involved with the tweeter revision so I can't answer your question regarding the crossover availability. I've not seen the crossover or heard the speaker with the Morel tweeter. The good news is, Curt said the Morel tweeters sound better and it already sounded really good, IMHO.

I hope it works out for you. The Finalist is a very nice speaker.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"