X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REK Jr
    • Aug 2015

Advice and Direction on possibly unloading all my B&W's

Hey everyone. I have been rolling with the same setup for years now and am starting to get an upgrade bug/ or possibly a different brand direction bug. I would love to get the board's thoughts and or advice on the subject.

Current setup in our home theater.......in all Red Cherry (which I also use for 2 ch listening):
    Front: Nautilus 802
    C: HTM1
    Sides: SCMS
    Rears: Nautilus 804
    In ceiling for Atmos: Cinema 7

So, here's the dilemmas.
    1. If I do sell, do I break them up or try and move them all together. Perfect world would be someone locally that wants to buy them all. Splitting up is going to be a PIA from shipping standpoint. Especially the 802's.

2. If I do group them together in a package deal, what the hayul do I charge from something like that?

3. Probably the most important question....what kind of speaker setup is it going to take to "move me" enough to go through this and what's the cost going vs money made on selling the Nautilus lineup?

I am sorry for all the open ended questions, but I need other people in the hobby that gets it. I am in Birmingham, AL so it's hard to find other like minded people to meet in person and even sell high end equipment to!

Before anyone asks, here's the related equipment that will stay put: (McIntosh)
    MC4542
    MC207
    MC7205
    MX122
    C2500
    MCD301
    Oppo 205
    Sony 675es projector
    Stewart Cima Neve

Thoughts on this?
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

Hi

As I am not US based I do not know the best places to sell or prices, but having sold plenty of speakers in the past I can advise on the "job lot" aspect of it.

Generally you will get the best prices selling individually unless you are very lucky. I would start by trying to sell them as a job lot for what you think they are worth separately. You might find somebody who wants all of them and therefore will buy them as a whole. If you are in a hurry or not having a lot of luck then you have two options, reduce the price (if you haven't had any enquiries at full price this might not be a good idea) or sell separately. Selling as a whole will probably lead to traders wanting them at a cheap price to break down and sell themselves. Bear in mind you could sell the SCMSs separate to the rest fairly easily. They are rare speakers, without a massive demand, but when people want them they will pay top dollar as they normally have 800 series speakers and either don't have space for 805s or they want them for Atmos. i.e. only SCMSs or SCM1s will do and they are both rare. Also 805s are regarded better if space allows and therefore this may also work against people wanting them as a whole. I would then market the 804s and 802s as separate pairs with the HTM1 having to go with one (based on which sell first without the centre). You don't want to be stuck with the centre, but you have to appreciate both pairs of speakers are useful in a 2.0 system and therefore selling together is massively reducing your market. In ceilings shouldn't be hard to post so sell them separately.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"