Bowers & Wilkins phase plug UPGRADE. Applies to all B&W speakers with phase plugs!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hockey_101
    • Oct 2015

Bowers & Wilkins phase plug UPGRADE. Applies to all B&W speakers with phase plugs!

Has anyone upgraded the plastic phase plug's on their B&W speakers for a pair of aluminum or copper ones similar to the phase plugs used in the signature speakers?

I found these on eBay and plan on upgrading my 684's, 686's, and HTM-62 Center Channel. I went out on a whim and purchased them already but it will be a week or so before I receive them. I will post before/after pictures and give you my personal feedback on them once they arrive! Here is a picture of the phase plugs, a link for the eBay listing (shows how to remove and install), and also a picture of the speakers I will be installing them on. If anyone has already done this, please share! Thanks!

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bowers-Wilki...sAAOSwPYZU41z6
    Attached Files
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

I have seen these, they don't look close enough to the D2 ones and are too expensive (IMO) to be worth buying just to make the other 800 series stuff look a bit like my 802s

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• hockey_101
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by TomScrut
      I have seen these, they don't look close enough to the D2 ones and are too expensive (IMO) to be worth buying just to make the other 800 series stuff look a bit like my 802s

The seller claims they are OEM B&W parts (if not they're getting sent back). The exact part is listed On the Bowers & Wilkins parts list site as:

804D2 ACCESSORIES DD04340 804D2 PHASE PLUG ALUMINUM $34.75 In Stock

I got mine for about $20 a piece shipped, so for me it would be worth the upgrade for performance and aesthetics purposes.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Well have you ever seen a B&W speaker with chrome finish phase plugs? I don't think there are any. All the 800 series, CM and 600 are black phase plugs apart from the 800 D2 and signatures and they are a brushed aluminium finish and silver metallic paint respectively. The signature diamond has chrome phase plugs but they are slightly longer IIRC.

EBay has had these sorts of things on there for ages, gold ones too.

Also I can't see where it says B&W OEM on the ad?

Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• hockey_101
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by TomScrut
          Well have you ever seen a B&W speaker with chrome finish phase plugs? I don't think there are any. All the 800 series, CM and 600 are black phase plugs apart from the 800 D2 and signatures and they are a brushed aluminium finish and silver metallic paint respectively. The signature diamond has chrome phase plugs but they are slightly longer IIRC.

EBay has had these sorts of things on there for ages, gold ones too.

Also I can't see where it says B&W OEM on the ad?

You are right, it is not listed in the ad, but the seller has 100% positive feedback and said they are OEM when I asked about them. If they aren't OEM, they're getting sent back. These phase plugs must be from the signature diamond series. I hope they work!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"