X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leo2498
    • Feb 2012

Matching amplifier for B&W diamond

Hi Guys I bought a classe CA2300 for my 804Di and my rotel amp will move to feed my 805's so I'm looking for a mono amp for my HTM4Di, some clue for It?
    I want that sound be similar to the other amps and my budget is 1000 usd max.
    thanks.
    Leo,
    Saludos
    My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

One that would match decently would probably be the Emotiva XPA-1 or XPR-1 if you can squeeze just a little bit over. Last time I hear them, they were very similar to Rotel...which is very similar to Classe... I think it would match pretty darn good.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
      One that would match decently would probably be the Emotiva XPA-1 or XPR-1 if you can squeeze just a little bit over. Last time I hear them, they were very similar to Rotel...which is very similar to Classe... I think it would match pretty darn good.
      IMO, Classe has a larger soundstage with a warmer midrange and stronger low end, along with more translucent and concise highs as compared to Rotel.

Also IMO, Emotiva products don't compare to Classe. Not in the same league.

You would need to voice match your center speaker with another Classe amp. Maybe bi-amp another CA2300

Comment

• beden1
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2006

duplicate post

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

many thanks for your answer, that is what I expected but I'm thinking in the XPA-100 because the similar power output with the other amps, I never have listened the emotiva amps and I'm not a five channel lover so I'm looking something that I could use for bluray concerts and movie but no putting a lot of money in it, I have put all my money in the classe combo(BTW the combo is coming soon).
          Leo,
          Saludos
          My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• leo2498
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by beden1
            IMO, Classe has a larger soundstage with a warmer midrange and stronger low end, along with more translucent and concise highs as compared to Rotel.

Also IMO, Emotiva products don't compare to Classe. Not in the same league.

You would need to voice match your center speaker with another Classe amp. Maybe bi-amp another CA2300
            I know that classe is in another league but I not want put a lot of money in multichannel because is more expensive that two channel that is my main concern, so I'm looking some cheap that could work with the other amps. also I have been looking for other rotel amp like the RB1552 but the idea of use only one channel not fill me at all.
            Leo,
            Saludos

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

Classe is a step up from Rotel...but over all their sound signatures and timbre and everything are very similar. Going from one to the other your getting that same "type" of sound....

Emotiva also has that same similar sound to them. Albeit much much closer to the quality of Rotel. But it's going to sound closer to them then say McIntosh, Bryston, Krell, etc...

He's wanting something cheap and will perform similarly to the way Rotel and Classe do. So I gave him something that would work that way.
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• beden1
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2006

Classe is a step up from Rotel...but over all their sound signatures and timbre and everything are very similar. Going from one to the other your getting that same "type" of sound....

Emotiva also has that same similar sound to them. Albeit much much closer to the quality of Rotel. But it's going to sound closer to them then say McIntosh, Bryston, Krell, etc...

He's wanting something cheap and will perform similarly to the way Rotel and Classe do. So I gave him something that would work that way.
                The problem he's going to have is that his center channel is going to sound off/different than his main speakers. Similar is not the same for HT which is a big issue. The OP would have been better off getting a five channel Classe amp to use for both HT and for stereo listening.

Comment

• Rod#S
                  • Oct 2010

Seeing as he is not running 3 identical speakers up front, using a different amp isn't going to make much difference. There will be more audible difference heard between the 804's and HTM4 then there would between using amps from different manufacturers.
                  B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• leo2498
                    • Feb 2012

Thanks guys for your inputs.

For now I enjoy see the films and concert with the rotel and denon avr combo but to my ears it not sound bad, not the best obviously but I can live with this for now, the classe combo is my firm choice because I enjoy more listening in stereo them multichannel basically because is not much music that I like in this format(multichannel). I have considered change the rotel for a 3 channel amp but the cheaper options of this are not a lot so I only could have a mono or other stereo amp. BTW I think that the partnership of HTM4 with 804Di is not bad too, in my very small room they sound good very good, I have dreaming to complete my system with changing the 804di for a pair of 802di but the presentation of sound of the 804di in my room is almost the same performance of the 802Di in the dealer room with mcintosh gear(the cheaper gear them I have is very close to that sound so I'm thinking that with the classe will be better), less bass but very close in mid and highs.

if I change the speaker will be more sentimental desicion from the heart that a huge improve in sound.
                    Leo,
                    Saludos

Comment

• beden1
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Rod#S
                      Seeing as he is not running 3 identical speakers up front, using a different amp isn't going to make much difference. There will be more audible difference heard between the 804's and HTM4 then there would between using amps from different manufacturers.
                      I've been living with my 804Di and HTM4D setup for over 2 years now, and the HTM4D blends extremely well with the 804di. IMO, even better than my 803Ds do with the HTM2D, which also blend well.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2009

I used a Emotiva mono amp to power my HTM3S when I was running surround. Worked great.. I would do it again..
                        Main System:
                        B&W 801D
                        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                        Oppo BDP-105
                        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                        B&W CM7
                        Emotiva UMC-1
                        Emotiva UPA-2
                        Oppo BDP-83SE
                        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

leo, how do you split your time between music and movies? Why was it necessary for you to get the CA-2300? Although Classe' no longer sells the CA-3200 it probably would have avoided the dilemma you find yourself in now. I can see an CA-M300 in your future but without knowing where your preferences lie it's kind of hard to advise. For the interim why not save your money and use the Denon AVR 3310 to drive the center and surrounds? Then you can sell the Rotel and get that monoblock sooner!
                          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

duplicate
                            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• stevek
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by leo2498
                              Hi Guys I bought a classe CA2300 for my 804Di and my rotel amp will move to feed my 805's so I'm looking for a mono amp for my HTM4Di, some clue for It?
                              I want that sound be similar to the other amps and my budget is 1000 usd max.
                              thanks.
                              I have a upa-1 200w mono block that's just over a yr old if interested pm me

Comment

• leo2498
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                leo, how do you split your time between music and movies? Why was it necessary for you to get the CA-2300? Although Classe' no longer sells the CA-3200 it probably would have avoided the dilemma you find yourself in now. I can see an CA-M300 in your future but without knowing where your preferences lie it's kind of hard to advise. For the interim why not save your money and use the Denon AVR 3310 to drive the center and surrounds? Then you can sell the Rotel and get that monoblock sooner!
                                Hi rebelman right now I enjoy more to spend my time listening music instead to watch movies, since I had my son my time is very restricted and see any movie has become an impossible task although I have more then 200 movie in bluray almost 50 of them are still sealed 8O . I have tried a stereo preamp in my system in the past and this did a lot improvement in the sound quality, so I have been looking for a preamp for my system since that day and the classe cp800 was the answer to me because is a good stereo preamp plus a DAC; so I put my advance and bought it but the new ethernet board was delayed again and I not wanted to wait to september so I changed it for the amp. yes I always will prefer the CAM300 but I'm looking a 802 diamond in a near future to completed my dream systems but my budget not allow me afford of both. I'm waiting since the 13 of april for it and I can't no wait more so my dealer have only few day to give me the amp because this waiting is killing me. :cry:
                                Leo,
                                Saludos

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"