X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceSB
    • Feb 2013

New Parasound Halo P5 Preamp

I notice that Parasound have a new preamp called the Halo P5.
    It has digital inputs as well as all the usual inputs.
    Can anyone tell me more?
    Has anyone heard one?
    Has anyone got some photos?
    Has anyone got any additional information?
    Thanks.
    Bruce
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Heya, Bruce, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

Wow, how did you hear about the P5? The only things I've heard have been preliminary, in conversations with the Parasound fellas. I'm not remembering seeing much literature, and I don't think we've seen any prototypes yet in any shows anywhere. The only thing I think I could relate at this point is that sooner or later there was going to have to be a successor to the P3, which just passed its 10 year anniversary. Not sure when something will be coming to market.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

No Parasound Halo P5, but there is of course the Halo P7:

The Parasound Halo P7 Multi Channel Audio Preamp is a $2000 audio preamp designed for sound purists seeking superior low-noise performance from classic stereo sources. But where's the beef?

Comment

• BruceSB
        • Feb 2013

What I Know About the P5

Hi Guys
        Thank you for the welcome.
        I will tell you what I know about the Halo P5.
        Here is the link.

Its from the Soundstage CES coverage.
        I also found a (not particularly revealing) picture of the back (I can find the link if someone wants).
        There is a price ($1400) and an availability time (before Spring 2013) in the linked article.
        However I was sort of hoping that you guys had some sort of "special source" or whatever to get a bit more information.
        What can you do on this one?
        Thanks.
        Bruce

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

That's interesting! I noticed that the P3 was recently discontiuned. Apparently the P5 is taking it's place.

Looks like the P5 is a more "front panel friendly" version of the P3 and now sports classic bass, treble, balance, etc. on the front panel.

Here's another image I found on http://www.andrew-robinson-online.co...from-ces-2013/ that shows the rear panel. Looks like the P5 has a subwoofer output (nice!)

Comment

• blownrx7
            • Dec 2004

The P5 looks like an awesome product at that price-point. I love the features offered, especially that along with the DAC they still realize that phono is still relevant. I wonder how good that phono section is. Lets hope it does not experience any "price creep" prior to its actual release...

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Good find on those pics. That checks with the little preliminary information that I had talked about with the Parasound fellas. My dedicated 2-channel system uses the Zseries gear, otherwise I'd be interested in the P5 too. All my HT gear, including 2-channel, goes through my C1. Now, the JC 2 on the other hand...
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• r100gs
                • May 2005

Nice to see Parasound kicking out some new stuff recently.
                Jay

Comment

• hifimaster
                  • Mar 2013

Fantastic, thanks for the pitures Peter, I have not yet seen any detailed info or pictures for the P5. I am a stockist of Parasound, and have owned a P3 before. Worst mistake ever selling it (Though I did sell it and my Rotel power amp in order to secure a Teac VRDS 10 SE CD Player and a Quad 99 Power Amp) I have lately been going through a fair bit of Parasound product in the store, and have desperately wanted to get the "magic" back into my system that has been missing since I let the P3 go. I already have a forward order for the P5, and definitely want one for myself, and now that I know a little more about it, just reaffirms my desire to stock it and own it. Thanks again everyone for the info

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

hey, hifi, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• milpai
                      • Sep 2009

P5 announcement in a rag..

Looks like P5 is finally a reality:

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Sweet... we need some reviews.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• WAFWARRIOR
                          • Apr 2013

P5s have not started shipping quite yet. But it looks like Parasound will get them out in a couple weeks. I am anxious to hear opinions of the DAC, sub/ crossover, as well as the phono stage. Maybe my 2100 will have to go...

Comment

• srb
                            • Oct 2004

The P5 is now officially listed on the Parasound website although not yet listed on Audio Advisor's.

Very small detail ..... the front panel silkscreen shows several input legends (Opt and Bypass) a bit higher than the others. I would prefer the error be on the rear panel, but maybe it's not representative of shipped units.

Anyway, I would guess retailers will be taking inventory soon and some initial reviews to follow.

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Oooh, cool, good find! I'll be at CEDIA next week, and I'm sure they'll be showing it there. Will check it out for all.
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Dec 2000

Well apparently the P5 is selling amazingly well. This is posted on Parasound's homepage:

The sudden popularity of our new P 5 caught Parasound off guard. The P 5 is selling 4X
                                faster than we planned! We are increasing production to catch up with demand in the
                                coming months and we appreciate your patience if you're waiting for a P 5 of your own.
                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"