• r100gs
    • May 2005

JC2 Manual Online

Nice manual. Looks like it's truly going to be a first class preamp. ;x(
    Jay
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yeah, it's not just the manual, there are new photos of the new products (JC2, P7 pre-amp, and 2100 pre-amp) like the rear panels. Check out the rear panel of the JC2! Monster.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Essential Audio
      • Apr 2007

As a Parasound Halo dealer I had the unique opportunity to audition the JC 2 prototype last April here along with the D 3 universal disc player, used in combination with JC 1 amplifiers driving Sound Lab speakers, as Parasound president Richard Schram was present for an open house and special demonstration to the Chicago Audio Society. The JC 2 was compared with my CTC Blowtorch preamp (designed by John Curl, Carl Thompson, and Bob Crump, hence 'CTC' - the same people who designed the JC 1) and fared well. It's probably inappropriate to say more than that here.

Parasound informs me the JC 2 will be ready to ship in mid May.

Brian Walsh
      Barrington, Illinois

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Hey, Essential Audio, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

You have a Blowtorch pre? Sweet... I can't wait to hear the JC2 for myself. I heard that Chicago demo last year was pretty cool.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

New JC2 pictures on Parasound's website now, with internal shots. Check these out!

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Beautiful! That's definitely no off-the-shelf toroidal transformer they're using. I like the long rods for the potentiometers... VERY NICE!

Peter

Comment

• r100gs
              • May 2005

I love the layout isolation between the two channels 8) . Nice ;x( Two tier I would call it.
              Jay

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by r100gs
                I love the layout isolation between the two channels 8) . Nice ;x( Two tier I would call it.

Yeah, but to be critical, that part could be taken to a more extreme. The potentiometers could be separated into mono pots with a short rod in between and separate circuit boards for each pot/channel :B However, the current design is probably better when it comes to inter channel linearity.

Nice to see a good old motor control on the volume potentiometer... (Hey, somebody needs to try it and tell us what happens if you grab the volume control and keep it still while you try to adjust volume from the remote. Can you burn out the motor? Is there a mechanical slip or electronic protection for it? Somebody needs to stress test it just in case Parasound forgot :B :evil: )

Peter

Comment

• r100gs
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Peter Nielsen
                  Yeah, but to be critical, that part could be taken to a more extreme. The potentiometers could be separated into mono pots with a short rod in between and separate circuit boards for each pot/channel :B However, the current design is probably better when it comes to inter channel linearity.

Nice to see a good old motor control on the volume potentiometer... (Hey, somebody needs to try it and tell us what happens if you grab the volume control and keep it still while you try to adjust volume from the remote. Can you burn out the motor? Is there a mechanical slip or electronic protection for it? Somebody needs to stress test it just in case Parasound forgot :B :evil: )

Peter
                  "Yeah, but to be critical," Thanks Peter. I'll wait tell I hear the thing.
                  Jay

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by r100gs
                    I'll wait tell I hear the thing.
                    Like the JC-1, it probably doesn't need to be auditioned. If you need a 2-ch preamp, then order the JC-2 and don't look back :T :B

Peter

Comment

• mattburk
                      • Feb 2003

Any new news on the jc-2? Release date reviews etc....? Are they coming out with a new amplifier for this too?
                      www.mycstone.com
                      www.coverednow.com
                      www.biarenton.com

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mattburk
                        Are they coming out with a new amplifier for this too?
                        The JC2 was designed to mate with the JC1, so it's the other way around: "Parasound is coming out with JC2, a new preamplifier for the JC1s".

Peter

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"