X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Ordered the 950 yesterday

Received my email the 15th, ordered my 950 yesterday. Should be here early next week, judging by the comments in the email that followed. I also get a pair of their interconnects free.

I will be comparing it to a Norh ACA preamp for 2 channel. No valid HT comparison to make as I presently have a 5 year old prologic receiver.

Speakers right now are a pair of Maggie MMG's crossed to Lambda SB10 woofers in sealed boxes with a Marchand XM9 at 250Hz, Odyssey amp on MMG's, Crown macrotech on the woofers. (I'm telling you all this so you have a reference frame for judging my system's resolving capability. As for my ears, I don't know).

BB
  • Bruce
    • Aug 2000

Yep, I'll be interested to hear your impressions of the 950 2-channel comparison against the ACA preamp with both your CD player and turntable through the analog bypass.

My main interest is how good the 2-channel is (both analog and digital).

Doesn't sound like your going to exercise the Triple-Xover (in the digital domain) with your setup. By this I mean by using the 950 DACs to decode the digital PCM CD input with a sub connected to the 950 sub-out.

Bruce

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

The 950 doesn't do turntable. Plus my TT right now is a major piece of ____. So that comparison will have to fall to someone else.

Also, actually the triple XO was one of the main points of me getting one. My MMG's are "temp" speakers until I finish building a DIY 7.1 set I've been staring at parts for 6 months (no free time).

When finished, I will have 3way mains and center that are flat down to 32 actively biamped with a Marchand XM9, and 4 surrounds that are good to 60 or so. My intent is to cross the mains at 60, center at 80 and surrounds at 120. Crossing the center higher to avoid shaking the frame it shares the TV with quite as much. Obviously this may change with listening.

This will (I severely hope) occur this summer.

BB

Comment

• Bruce
        • Aug 2000

Well that's funny

I'm currently using Dynaudio Contour tower mains (good to 32Hz) and have them crossed @60Hz with a Marchand XM9-L crossover to an M&K MX-700 sub. My center is good to 70Hz and surrounds good to 47Hz.

Since I also use a Parasound 1100 stereo preamp to feed L&R signals to the Marchand, I get sub use in both 2-channel and HT.

My plan was to cross mains @60Hz, center @100Hz, and surrounds @80Hz.

I'll be interested to hear what you find, as my reservation wasn't in till mid feb.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"