X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSUfan
    • May 2004

APC AV 1kVA H Type Power Conditioner 120V

I've been searching around and also reading some posts on the forum about this product. Has anyone used it or have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,
    Shane
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Haven't used that particular model but I've got an older model I've been quite happy with. I've heard equally as good things about series of units as well :T

One of our members apparently did a comparison of a bunch of brands of power conditioners recently as well. Ibelieve the APC was at or near the top.
    Jason

Comment

• PSUfan
      • May 2004

I was trying to find that post again as I started to research it from that. The person went on to say that they had tested a bunch of units and that this was one that actually did what it said it did. Always nice, right?

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Found it

It was Andrew M Ward in this post:

Jason

Comment

• PSUfan
          • May 2004

Thanks Jason!

Shane

Comment

• EvanFew
            • Sep 2004

I am using the APC H-15 in my system and I couldn't be happier. No problems whatsoever. I just spent a fortune replacing a power supply in my DLP RPTV that I believe burned out because of low voltage sags. I no longer have to be concerned about this issue because the H-15 provides full voltage regulation. It's also one of the only products of its kind to have full UL certification. A lot of bang for the buck.

Evan

Comment

• PSUfan
              • May 2004

I'm going to order the H15 as well. I just spoke with a guy at Insight that sell their products and I can purchase it for $50 more than the H10. Can't go wrong.

Shane

Comment

• Blindamood
                • Sep 2003

Well, after reading all the great reviews of this product, I also ordered the APC H15 last week, and just received it this morning. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it performs in my 2-channel system, especially the voltage stabilization.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how nice it looks (silver with blue interface) next to my B&K Reference 5, which is also in silver with a blue interface. Should fit quite nicely. Will post pics when I get it installed...

Brad
                Brad

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Congrats :T
                  Jason

Comment

• stewfoo
                    • Jul 2005

I think that its the same one that Rotel is re-branding.. Is that right? I love the look of Rotel gear. I will probably wait for that one.
                    Stew

Comment

• Blindamood
                      • Sep 2003

Yes, it appears that this is one of the units that Rotel is re-branding (although I'm not sure when these will be available). If I like the H15, I will definitely consider getting the Rotel-branded version for my theater room, where I also use a Rotel processor (RSP-1068). Would definitely be sweet!
                      Brad

Comment

• Blindamood
                        • Sep 2003

As promised, I wanted to post a few pics of my new H15. The blue lights (dimmable to 8 different levels) complement the rest of my system nicely. So far, this seems like a great value. It allows you to flip through a few options of what power info you want to display. It also provides a cable tv filter and splitter, which I use to split off to the tv and dvr.
                        Attached Files
                        Brad

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Fits in awfully nice there :T
                          Jason

Comment

• jim777
                            • Mar 2005

Did you plug your amp into the h15? Did it change the sound for better or worse (or it just protects your gear)? I might get an h15 too...

Comment

• Blindamood
                              • Sep 2003

Yes, I plug my B&K amp into the H15. I do the same for my theater setup, which is a Rotel RMB-1075 into a Panamax MAX-5100. I've never really compared the sound with vs. without the power conditioner, but I've never experienced any problems this way. I'm not sure how much protection either unit provides, but I'm not willing to take the chance to find out.
                              Brad

Comment

• timmay1969
                                • Dec 2005

I recently added the H15 to my system and noticed benefits right away. The picture was clearer and my system was quieter.

I was surprised at how few amps my RB-1080 draws when I have it cranking. The H15 displays amps used in what seems to be real time. I like it better than the Richard Gray 1200 that was previously in my system.

Comment

• Blindamood
                                  • Sep 2003

APC 'J' Type Power Conditioners

I noticed the other day that APC now has a 'J' model, which falls between the H model and the higher-priced S model. (The H model is also the basis for the Rotel RLC-1040, and the S for the Rotel RLC-1080.)

The newer J model provides battery backup, as the S provided previously. However, the J model is listed at $599 msrp, so is quite a bit more affordable than the S.

Has anyone had a chance to see or try the new J model yet? The addition of battery backup would be pretty substantial, especially at this price point (which also includes voltage regulation). The spec says that it allows you between 3-13 minutes (depending on the current load) to safely shut down your equipment in the event of power loss.

Wonder if Rotel will create a new model based on the J type???
                                  Brad

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"