X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bamaredwingsfan
    • Dec 2004

Pioneer Home Theater wiring question

I have an old Pioneer home theater system that i bought several years ago, an i still use it, but i have moved a few times, an lost my wiring diagram, an i have forgot how to run the wire correctly. Its a Pioneer vsx-305 is the model number for it. I have run the wires the best way i know how from memory, but i think i may have it wrong, cause i get a humming sound when i turn the volume down on my tv. the system had 2 front, 1 center, an 2 rear speakers + a subwoofer.

the subwoofer had 4 wires that tied into the reciever, an then 2 of the 4 speakers had to branch off the sub, best i could remember, but not sure which 2 did, an which way the sub tied into the back of the reciever.

I was hoping that someone might have this unit, or had it an remembered how run the wires.
    Quotes from
    The Matrix Reloaded

Merovingian: I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk. I love it.

http://www.myspace.com/bamaredwingsfan19

• David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Jason, welcome to The Guide. :welcome: One of our long-time members (Sonnie Parker) is a 'Bama boy, too.

Generally, in a speaker-level hook-up to your sub, the two speakers that are feeding directly from the sub are the left & right mains. There will be a connection from the receiver to the sub that has 4 connections - 2 channels (left and right) with 2 (red and black) connectors each. The center-channel and the surround speakers will be fed directly out of the receiver - a red and black for each. Be sure that the polarity is correct on each speaker, too. That means the red connection on the sub/speaker/receiver is connected to the proper red connection on the other device, and the black is connected to the proper black one. If you get them backwards on a connection (or connections) it can make your sonics sound very strange.

I hope this answered your questions. If not, just yell. :sos:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Hi....and welcome!

Does your receiver have a low level sub output? Does your sub have line level inputs besides speaker level?. Is your sub a powered sub? If the answers to these questions are yes, then there is a cleaner/better way to hook everything up. We can help with that.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• bamaredwingsfan
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DrJRapp
        Hi....and welcome!

Does your receiver have a low level sub output? Does your sub have line level inputs besides speaker level?. Is your sub a powered sub? If the answers to these questions are yes, then there is a cleaner/better way to hook everything up. We can help with that.

The sub draws its power from the reciever, an has 8 connections for wires (the push in an stick wire in hole type). i have a + an - for right and left that go from sub to reciever that uses 4 of the jacks, the other 4 jacks are used by 2 front speakers. On the back of the reciever i have the center an rear 2 speakers hooked up correct, but the sub an the front 2 may be another story. I have 4 + an 4- jacks on the back of the reciever for the sub to feed into, but im not sure how to wire it in.
        Quotes from
        The Matrix Reloaded

Merovingian: I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk. I love it.

http://www.myspace.com/bamaredwingsfan19

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"