• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by wettou
    No insult please the reason to move to China is purely economics
    I dont think anyone for a second thought otherwise
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• gerardhn
      • Jun 2005

I know China.

I said something about it already.
      It is different from Japanese culture and ambition.

Skyblue is almost right. I change his opinion al little bit, than I can 100% agree.

In my understanding, the japanese have always been perfectionists in all things they do. Chinese people I see more as trying to get the most out of life in an most easy way by cheating , meanwhile thinking : we chinese are most clever in doing so, others dont notice.
      (They also have an expression for that, which I forgot.)

When I worked in China I, as European, I really began to understand why "made in Germany" is such a famous quality expression. Before that quality level seemed normal to me. Believe me it is not compared to Chinese work.

China is now already too long the factory of the world, so that they could have proven already a different attitude.

Comment

• Skyblue
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by gerardhn
        Skyblue is almost right. I change his opinion al little bit, than I can 100% agree.

In my understanding, the japanese have always been perfectionists in all things they do. Chinese people I see more as trying to get the most out of life in an most easy way by cheating , meanwhile thinking : we chinese are most clever in doing so, others dont notice.
        (They also have an expression for that, which I forgot.)

When I worked in China I, as European, I really began to understand why "made in Germany" is such a famous quality expression. Before that quality level seemed normal to me. Believe me it is not compared to Chinese work.

China is now already too long the factory of the world, so that they could have proven already a different attitude.
        Interesting information. Thank you!
        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Skyblue
          • Jun 2009

Incidentially, here is a foreigners view of Japan after living there for 10 years. Very entertaining.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

email from Dave N., President of Classé

Here is an email from Dave President of Classé

"There is of course a lot behind the China move, so not something I can cover entirely in email. BTW, we’re not owned by Equity. Like Classé, Equity is owned by B&W.

You will recall that I have said all along that the products are seen as a great value because we are taking a much smaller margin than is typical or in fact required at our sales volume levels. The move is not based on greed but on building a competitive and sustainable business model. Continuing to manufacture in Montréal at our current prices is not an option, nor is supporting a lower sales volume at higher prices. Our current costs also preclude us being able to access lower price points with new models.

We have put ourselves in a position with the current designs that they can be made exactly the same way at our B&W Group factory in Zhuhai as they are in Montréal. We’re not going to be making a different or cheaper version of the SSP-800 in China, for example, we are going to be making the SSP-800, with all the same parts, all the same standards, tests, procedures, etc. Other high-end companies do not have the option of using their own factory in China. They either have to charge considerably more money for the same quality level, or they have to go to a low cost labor region like China and have a product made by a contract manufacturer, ultimately losing control of their processes. We won’t be doing that.

I know some customers will buy nothing or be willing to spend thousands of dollars more for similar, possibly even inferior products (some do that now!). On the other hand, I have also seen that when executed well (Apple), products made in China can actually command a price premium over their competitors. There are lots of other things that could be said, but we will do everything we can to make the best products at the best prices and see where that takes us. It’s usually the best plan.

If you or any of the others who participate on the forum want to ask specific questions I would be happy to answer them."

So there you have it, let me know if you have questions and I can email them to him so he can answer and we can stop the speculations :T
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

wow, is not a money question!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hi man I have Rolex, all with the original parts inside designed from Rolex Genevra....a only point: assembled in China!!!

Comment

• Skyblue
                • Jun 2009

I think Dave, stated the obvious: That they cannot remain competitive with the other companies that have already moved to China, if they stay in montreal. So ofcourse its a question of money. A question of saving the company in the long run, as it happens.

He is also right, in that it is quite possible to have very high quality work done in China. The country is so big in population that they can have the USA in one end, the EU in the other, with space for Russia to spare. Im sure there are plenty of talented engineers to employ.

So as mentioned before, it all comes down to execution. Here Classe seem to have an advantage over the competion as B&W already have a factory and experience they can use and learn from.

The only question left is then: Why didn't B&W move the production of the 800 series to China as well? I dont expect Dave to know the answer, but all his arguments apply equally well to the 800 series as they do to the classe products.

Comment

• style
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2006

sorry sky but you will pay 7k. $$ for a stereo ampli 2x200 watt made i china?

I dont'!!! I prefer go with the "little " Rotel".or better another brand. and I write as Classe fans!!! but is so.

for me Classe , in long time, dont go have benefit (well from consumers) a winner brand!

You like a porsche? i pay $$$$!
                  you will a classe,-> you pay!

not a lot of piece but unique piece!

or no?

Comment

• madmac
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2010

"There is of course a lot behind the China move, so not something I can cover entirely in email. BTW, we’re not owned by Equity. Like Classé, Equity is owned by B&W.

You will recall that I have said all along that the products are seen as a great value because we are taking a much smaller margin than is typical or in fact required at our sales volume levels. The move is not based on greed but on building a competitive and sustainable business model. Continuing to manufacture in Montréal at our current prices is not an option, nor is supporting a lower sales volume at higher prices. Our current costs also preclude us being able to access lower price points with new models.

We have put ourselves in a position with the current designs that they can be made exactly the same way at our B&W Group factory in Zhuhai as they are in Montréal. We’re not going to be making a different or cheaper version of the SSP-800 in China, for example, we are going to be making the SSP-800, with all the same parts, all the same standards, tests, procedures, etc. Other high-end companies do not have the option of using their own factory in China. They either have to charge considerably more money for the same quality level, or they have to go to a low cost labor region like China and have a product made by a contract manufacturer, ultimately losing control of their processes. We won’t be doing that.

I know some customers will buy nothing or be willing to spend thousands of dollars more for similar, possibly even inferior products (some do that now!). On the other hand, I have also seen that when executed well (Apple), products made in China can actually command a price premium over their competitors. There are lots of other things that could be said, but we will do everything we can to make the best products at the best prices and see where that takes us. It’s usually the best plan.

If you or any of the others who participate on the forum want to ask specific questions I would be happy to answer them."

So there you have it, let me know if you have questions and I can email them to him so he can answer and we can stop the speculations :T

Like I've said before and read what this gentleman is saying, it's all about margin in sales. The end result is that these products will be made in China and they will pay less to have them made there and make more profits from each each sale as a result for the same resale as before when they were made in America. At the end of the day in high end electronics, I believe that people would pay more and have them made in America rather than pay the same as they always have and have them made in China, because they care about quality and reliability!!. High end consumers are a different breed than the pedestrian crowd. CEO's of these companies do not seem to understand that however!!. They are out of touch unfortunately.........
                    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• beden1
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006

Good luck to Classe. They are sell-outs just like the many other companies who have moved their manufacturing to China.

Their products will now be made by the masses for the masses. Next stop is Best-Buy on their way to Wal-Mart.

Comment

• beden1
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by style
                        wow, is not a money question!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hi man I have Rolex, all with the original parts inside designed from Rolex Genevra....a only point: assembled in China!!!

I think the end of the world will come before Rolex and Patek Philippe start manufacturing their watches in China!

Comment

• beden1
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006

Is Marantz still manufactured in Japan? How about Integra?

Comment

• Glen B
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jul 2004

AFAIK, Marantz Reference Series components are still being made in Japan. I can't speak for the standard line.

Comment

• beden1
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Glen B
                              AFAIK, Marantz Reference Series components are still being made in Japan. I can't speak for the standard line.
                              Thanks

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
                                The only question left is then: Why didn't B&W move the production of the 800 series to China as well? I dont expect Dave to know the answer, but all his arguments apply equally well to the 800 series as they do to the classe products.
                                Well when that happens, I feel sorry for the employees in the UK.

I still believe that high end luxury items are as much quality and prestige. In addition some of us like to stimulate our economy like Made in USA or Canada one of our largest trading partner :T

On an other note any one heard Totem speakers, Dreamcatcher received a glowing review in Stereophile and they are Made in Montreal, Felicitation
                                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• bigburner
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • May 2005

I read something rather sobering today...

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted that China's economy will exceed the United States' in 2016. According to IMF's forecast China's GDP will rise from $11.2 trillion in 2011 to $19 trillion in 2016, while the US economy will increase from $15.2 trillion to $18.8 trillion. Correspondingly, China's share of the global economy will increase from 14 percent to 18 percent, while the US share will decrease to 17.7 percent.

That is much sooner than I thought. The last prediction that I can remember reading was that this would happen some time in the mid 2020s.

Nigel.

Comment

• beden1
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by bigburner
                                    I read something rather sobering today...

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted that China's economy will exceed the United States' in 2016. According to IMF's forecast China's GDP will rise from $11.2 trillion in 2011 to $19 trillion in 2016, while the US economy will increase from $15.2 trillion to $18.8 trillion. Correspondingly, China's share of the global economy will increase from 14 percent to 18 percent, while the US share will decrease to 17.7 percent.

That is much sooner than I thought. The last prediction that I can remember reading was that this would happen some time in the mid 2020s.

Nigel.
                                    But, it's interesting to note that Walmart's sales have been steadily slipping, and their executive management team has said they are afraid their customers are running out of money. That can't bode well for the Chinese Empires' growth curve.

About three to four years ago, the crap hit the fan in the household pet world when it was determined that some food products Made in China were making pets sick or causing their death (baby food and products were also flagged). The list of these potentially deadly products grew as more pets died and Veterinarians started collecting their data to try to identify the culprits. Word spread and the US Consumers largely stopped buying these Made in China edible pet products, fearing for the safety of their own pets. This year, I've been noticing that at least 50% of the products Made in China have been removed from the store shelves of both national chain and specialty pet retailers, and are being replaced by those with prominent stickers of "Made in America" or "Made in the USA".

What goes up must come down, and the cycle goes round and round. I think the American consumer has become aware of the lack of quality and safety in many products Made in China, and I hope to see other industries bring their production back home, as is the case with the Pet Industry.
                                    Last edited by beden1; 11 May 2011, 23:32 Wednesday.

Comment

• Alaric
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Jan 2006

A close relative of mine opened a factory in China while CEO of a Fortune company , as well as Germany , UK and France. He holds Chinese "manufacturing technology" in contempt. Having to import overseers for every step of the manufacturing process , and the security concerns (rampant thievery) , make China far from cost-effective. Should the economy worsen the China plant will be the first to go. I have zero expectations for the quality of Classe in the future. When I can afford to upgrade I'll be looking for used Classe-the vintage "good stuff".
                                      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                      Schiit Modi 3
                                      Marantz CD5005
                                      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• style
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Feb 2006

I think the end of the world will come before Rolex and Patek Philippe start manufacturing their watches in China!
                                        Of course !!!! the Patek, J.le Coultre, Glashütte :T , STAY in Switzerland.and you pay this "manifacture"!

a Classe , made in Canada, make me "understand" the price but a Clase made in cina for me = price 1/3 of the Canada price!

Marantz, Onkyo,.. are made in Cina,.... but they have another price too!

ex. the last Marantz 7005 have a price around 1/10 from the SSP800!
                                        well, so I can too change each year the pre!

style

Comment

• alebonau
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by style
                                          Of course !!!! the Patek, J.le Coultre, Glashütte :T , STAY in Switzerland.and you pay this "manifacture"!

a Classe , made in Canada, make me "understand" the price but a Clase made in cina for me = price 1/3 of the Canada price!

Marantz, Onkyo,.. are made in Cina,.... but they have another price too!

ex. the last Marantz 7005 have a price around 1/10 from the SSP800!
                                          well, so I can too change each year the pre!

style
                                          and the av7005 is made in japan.

have zero respect for brands who move production to lower cost manufacturing countries and still charge the same to their customers pocketing the saving themselves rather than pass onto customers.

two uk brands, arcam and musical fidelity have move manufacturing off shore and passed on cheaper pricing to customer as a result
                                          "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• beden1
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by alebonau
                                            and the av7005 is made in japan.have zero respect for brands who move production to lower cost manufacturing countries and still charge the same to their customers pocketing the saving themselves rather than pass onto customers.

two uk brands, arcam and musical fidelity have move manufacturing off shore and passed on cheaper pricing to customer as a result
                                            Thanks for clarifying that. I thought it was made in Japan and am considering getting one for my new HT setup. If it were made in China, I'd go back to research another processor.

Comment

• ryst
                                              • May 2007

Comment

• ert
                                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gerardhn
                                                Japan developped itself and improved quality and quality systems themselves.
                                                Nope. Japanese manufacturing quality was improved because the US military brought in a bunch of academics to help the understand quality management. Interestingly US manufacturing chose to ignore the same experts and only changed manufacturing in the US after the Japanese started dominating, ie the auto industries in the 1970s.

China has some excellent factories making very high quality stuff. It's rather shocking to see the racist generalizations here.

Originally posted by beden1
                                                Their products will now be made by the masses for the masses. Next stop is Best-Buy on their way to Wal-Mart.
                                                A baseless conclusion. There are plenty of good low-volume, high quality fabs in China that could make Classe products indistinguishable from those made in Canada.

Originally posted by Skyblue
                                                The only question left is then: Why didn't B&W move the production of the 800 series to China as well?
                                                Producing electronics is pure engineering. It's easy to make highly complex parts using a design. Good speaker cabinet production is still something of an art. It may be possible that the 800 series production is not something that can easily be moved. If the manufacturing process is a trade secret known only to a few master craftsmen, you need to keep the manufacturing where the craftsmen live.

Comment

• Alaric
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Jan 2006

China has some excellent factories making very high quality stuff. It's rather shocking to see the racist generalizations here
                                                  Chinese isn't a race.

Producing electronics is pure engineering. It's easy to make highly complex parts using a design. Good speaker cabinet production is still something of an art. It may be possible that the 800 series production is not something that can easily be moved. If the manufacturing process is a trade secret known only to a few master craftsmen, you need to keep the manufacturing where the craftsmen live
                                                  Or B & W knows people won't pay those prices for , or risk it's flagship's reputation on , Chinese-made crap.
                                                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                                                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                                                  Schiit Modi 3
                                                  Marantz CD5005
                                                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• beden1
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ert
                                                    A baseless conclusion. There are plenty of good low-volume, high quality fabs in China that could make Classe products indistinguishable from those made in Canada.
                                                    Please provide widely accepted examples of high quality Audio products that are produced in China that have the same consistent quality as those produced in Canada or the US!

Comment

• ert
                                                      • Mar 2011

Please provide widely accepted examples of high quality Audio products that are produced in China that have the same consistent quality as those produced in Canada or the US!
                                                      How do you define quality? Is it MTBF, customer-relations, value, fidelity? How do you define consistency wrt non-US made products? As someone who is professionally involved with engineering process quality control, I would firmly place all bets on manufacturing quality on mass-produced Chinese electronics versus boutique US shops. There is a common misunderstanding that boutique and low-volume, "hand-made" components, assembled with pride and care will result in better products. In reality, the exact opposite is true as demonstrated by numerous case studies in manufacturing quality control. This is the same attitude that nearly destroyed the US auto industry. American automakers ran rather futile ad campaigns in the 1970/80s showing the dedicated US autoworker lovingly making their cars in American factories. Well, you can love making cars all you like, but unless you understand engineering quality control, the end result will be inferior to factories that have successfully implement proven quality control methodologies.

I'm not going to start naming brands because it will just turn into pointless arguing over brand "quality." You can find a decent (although out of date at this point) article about Chinese audio manufacturing here: http://articles.sfgate.com/2007-02-1...hinese-china/3. Chinese manufacturing has made incredible improvements in quality control over the last decade.

I've bought several audio products (CD, DAC) made in China, from US-based companies as well as direct web-orders from China. The cheap stuff is cheap. The expensive stuff is good quality. I've also bought fairly expensive components made in the US, and have been rather let down with the lack of quality. My Classe amp has been into service twice. Looking inside, there are many simple crimp connections between components. My Chinese-made DAC is working flawlessly and has point-to-point soldered connections. Looking at these two side-by-side, what inferences can we make about Chinese vs US quality?

Originally posted by Alaric
                                                      Chinese isn't a race.
                                                      Right, and when people make comments like "Chinese people I see more as drunken gamblers" they're clearly referring to anyone currently residing in PRC, and not the ethnic majority.
                                                      Last edited by ert; 23 May 2011, 14:02 Monday.

Comment

• wildtangent
                                                        • Dec 2006

Oppo.

Comment

• beden1
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wildtangent
                                                          Oppo.
                                                          Is Oppo manufactured in China? My BDP-95 was delivered Friday. I see the company is headquartered in CA, but it doesn't say where their products are produced?

Comment

• mjb
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Mar 2005

Well, I think as far as many are concerned this news is still a bit of a bummer, and I don't really know how Classé think they can get away with it without dropping the MRRP. But perhaps they have: the CP-800 will (reportedly) cost half the price of the SSP-800. Maybe this price drop is purely down to the new manufacturing facility in China? Whether quality suffers, only the reviews, and time, will tell.
                                                            - Mike

Main System:
                                                            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• btf1980
                                                              • Aug 2007

Is Oppo manufactured in China? My BDP-95 was delivered Friday. I see the company is headquartered in CA, but it doesn't say where their products are produced?
                                                              Their products are all built in China. The parent company is in China. They just have different divisions, including the one in CA.

Shanling is another Chinese company that has always delivered stellar products, with excellent performance and build quality. In the world of headphone amps, there is DarkVoice, Little Dot and many more. So there are some quality Chinese companies making strides for sure. It really is unfair to label everything Chinese as "crap". I'm sure your Oppo player is the best blu-ray player you've probably ever had!

That said, I wish Classe the best. This move will certainly tarnish brand image for many loyal customers. I understand.
                                                              A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• wildtangent
                                                                • Dec 2006

Also don't forget... Rotel!

Comment

• beden1
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Oct 2006

Also don't forget... Rotel!
                                                                  Perfect example of a brand failure. They are so far behind in their product schedules that they make Classe look good!

Comment

• wildtangent
                                                                    • Dec 2006

Perfect example of a brand failure. They are so far behind in their product schedules that they make Classe look good!
                                                                    You were asking about widely accepted quality audio products not delivery schedules. Make up your mind.

BTW, if you consider Oppo as an example some Ayre and Lexicon product by extension are made in China as well.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Oct 2006

You were asking about widely accepted quality audio products not delivery schedules. Make up your mind.
                                                                      6+ months of product delays would indicate production problems, to me at least. How long has Rotel been produced in China?

Comment

• beden1
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by btf1980
                                                                        Their products are all built in China. The parent company is in China. They just have different divisions, including the one in CA.

It really is unfair to label everything Chinese as "crap". I'm sure your Oppo player is the best blu-ray player you've probably ever had!
                                                                        I had not unpacked my Oppo player as yet, but tonight, I re-sealed the box and it's going back to Oppo. Where there are options, I will not support products made in China.

Comment

• specialized
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Apr 2008

I had not unpacked my Oppo player as yet, but tonight, I re-sealed the box and it's going back to Oppo. Where there are options, I will not support products made in China.

What is healthier and what u prefer? Chinese food or good american food like McDonalds ? What option u prefer here?

Greetings

Darko

p.s. Chinese food for me

Comment

• mjb
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Mar 2005
                                                                            • 1483

Originally posted by specialized
                                                                            p.s. Chinese food for me
                                                                            Go for it! Yum, yum!
                                                                            Dog paws, or duck?

- Mike

Main System:
                                                                            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                                            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2007
                                                                              • 704

#83
                                                                              Thread is taking a weird turn. Let's try to keep it on topic, so it isn't closed gentlemen.

Since you prefer a universal blu-ray player not made in China, you have some alternatives. The Denon DBP-4010UDCI and DVD-A1UDCI are made in Japan. The lower priced models are made in China however.

Another alternative is Marantz. The Marantz UD8004 and UD9004 are made in Japan. Like Denon however, the lower priced models are also made in China.

All good choices, albeit pricier than the Oppo.

Cheers
                                                                              A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• wildtangent
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Dec 2006
                                                                                • 50

#84
                                                                                Originally posted by btf1980
                                                                                Thread is taking a weird turn. Let's try to keep it on topic, so it isn't closed gentlemen.
                                                                                Agreed.

Anyway, if you actually believe that you can find a product that is 100% not made in China good luck to you but don’t hold your breath. A sizable percentage of the raw components that make up these products are made in China now, and the 'made in xxx' label doesn’t carry as much weight as it once did. As an example, integrated circuits have routinely come with country of origin labels that read like this:

MADE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES ….(long list of Asian and third world locations) THE EXACT COUNTRY OF ORIGIN IS UNKNOWN. By the way I got this off of a National Semiconductor Box with a date code of 8047 for those of you who are unaware that is the 47th week of 1980, 31 years ago.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Oct 2006
                                                                                  • 1676

#85
                                                                                  What is healthier and what u prefer? Chinese food or good american food like McDonalds ? What option u prefer here?

Greetings

Darko

p.s. Chinese food for me
                                                                                  I prefer Chinese food too, made by Chinese descendent Americans, here in the USA! :T

Comment

• specialized
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Apr 2008
                                                                                    • 332

#86
                                                                                    [QUOTE=wildtangent]Agreed.

Anyway, if you actually believe that you can find a product that is 100% not made in China good luck to you but don’t hold your breath. A sizable percentage of the raw components that make up these products are made in China now, and the 'made in xxx' label doesn’t carry as much weight as it once did. As an example, integrated circuits have routinely come with country of origin labels that read like this:

It's like that not in HiFi but in other things as well.. For example im into mountain biking, and my Specialized Epic Marathon Carbon that i payed 5000 eur is Made in China (there is sticker Designed in California). Im very satisfied and i cant see any lack of quality until now (and i ride hard and often).

So if u want to dont buy chinese products, then there is german, or italian or french who are not made in china.. But i dont pick things based on where is made in , then on real quality and customer care and support. Also what turn me off from somethng is marketing gimmick sometimes and lack of real quality.

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2006
                                                                                      • 1676

#87
                                                                                      Agreed.

MADE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES ….(long list of Asian and third world locations) THE EXACT COUNTRY OF ORIGIN IS UNKNOWN. By the way I got this off of a National Semiconductor Box with a date code of 8047 for those of you who are unaware that is the 47th week of 1980, 31 years ago.
                                                                                      As I said, "where I have a choice", I support products made in the USA and North America. I don't do it because of race discrimination, but, because if more people don't start taking the same stand, then I am really scared to think what will happen if jobs don't start returning to our country.

Comment

• specialized
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Apr 2008
                                                                                        • 332

#88
                                                                                        Originally posted by mjb
                                                                                        Go for it! Yum, yum!
                                                                                        Dog paws, or duck?

I like animals too much to be able to eat this, but at least u know what is it (so u know to dont eat and to pick some other chinese food).. In Mcdonads u are never sure what is inside (u saw documentary about that, i think it's Made In USA ), and what is just marketing gimmick and totaly junk and not healthy.

I dont want to fight or something, i just wanted to say that we have to open mind and not to base our choice based where and what is made in.

One product that is Made IN USA and which i really adore is Benchmark.. U have to be proud with companys' like that. But If Benchmark decide to move to China and keep the same quality i wont have any problem to buy again. Also if Benchmark start selling marketing and keep to be made in USA, but with lower quality i wont buy it definitly.

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Oct 2006
                                                                                          • 1676

#89
                                                                                          I like animals too much to be able to eat this
                                                                                          Greetings

Darko
                                                                                          The same thing holds true for Europe and Japan as it does for North America...those chicken feet may become the national food if we don't all wake up and start solidifying our own economies. :E

Comment

• ert
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • Mar 2011
                                                                                            • 21

#90
                                                                                            Oppo.
                                                                                            I guess I'll just throw some additional specific examples since they've already been mentioned. I currently use, or have used the following high quality brands which are manufactured in China:

Rotel (amps)
                                                                                            Oppo (CD, BluRay)
                                                                                            PS Audio (Power)
                                                                                            Shanling (CD, DAC)
                                                                                            CEntrance (DAC)
                                                                                            iBasso (DAC/ HP amp)
                                                                                            Sennheiser (headphones)
                                                                                            Shure (headphones)

Other brands I have not used, but are made in China:
                                                                                            Cambridge
                                                                                            Krell
                                                                                            Musical Fidelity
                                                                                            Marantz
                                                                                            NAD
                                                                                            Vincent
                                                                                            Parasound
                                                                                            Wadia
                                                                                            Cary
                                                                                            Arcam

Some of these companies produce only the mid-level components in China, some produce all of their components in China, including their flagship products which price in the same range as Classe.

That's why the cheap shots at Chinese manufacturing are pretty funny. For electronics, "Made in USA" really means "Assembled in USA." Many of the components are China/Mexico.

Perfect example of a brand failure.
                                                                                            I have a Chinese made Rotel integrated that is pushing 15 years without issue. Your statements again are unfounded.

I don't do it because of race discrimination, but, because if more people don't start taking the same stand, then I am really scared to think what will happen if jobs don't start returning to our country.
                                                                                            Classe are made in Canada, so that argument doesn't hold. Are you OK buying imports from Canada, but not China? Would you have the same concern if Classe was moving production to UK or Europe?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"