X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

What would you want to see from Classé?

So, I recently started down the road of using Classé´s delta series like so many of you guys here.
    I like the sound, I like the look - but boy did I get irritated when I discovered that they cannot play SACD in any of their CD/multi disk players.
    Come on - a "high" end system who does not support the only true audiophile format that is left..

So my first rant will be for Classé to include SACD in any future players.

Secondly I was also amazed to find that no tuner exist. Some of us still think that it is worth while to listen to radio. So please, lets have a radio with FM, AM, DAB, DAB+ - and for you guys in the US I am sure there would also be a request for XM/Sirius.

So my second request would be for a tuner/network device..

Finally - when do we see a blue ray drive???

What do you think? 8)
  • gerardhn
    • Jun 2005

Yes, i agree.
    And some more realistic € prices

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

I personally think you will see fewer sources from Classe, not more. I doubt they will ever make a BD player. It would cost too much for very little to no improvement over what is on the market now.

With SACD there are shrinking numbers of players every year from every vendor. Even Sony is down to just a couple of players. Software support is also small so I don't think it will be around much longer. It has become like laser disc, not much available but still hanging on.

With a tuner, I think you run into the same issue as BD. A Classe piece would cost quite a bit more than what you can get from other vendors with marginal performance improvements. I think it would be great for Classe to do something like the new Rotel RDG-1520. I just think it would cost a lot more for a small improvement in performance.

Eric

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

I agree that SACD is not what is was meant to be - but for classical music it is still very much alive.

In terms of the others, then for blueray do a simple transport with only HDMI out. I agree that video processing can be had elsewhere and better.
        However for me the primary reasons for having these units are look and feel. I feel stupid having something that looks very out of place in my Classé rack - and I hate more remotes, since none of the multi purpose remotes ever seem to be doing it just right.

For Classé this is added revenue and profit.

For me - I don´t really care if it a rebadged tuner/network device in a Classé chassis as long as the CAN bus is still there. I just want same look and feel..

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
          • May 2008

I could see them doing a really nice DAC, that would make sense in today's market...though the current ssp 800's DACs are pretty darn good.
          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

In my conversations with Dave, he has communicated to me that they are more interested in focusing on their strengths than diversifying for the sake of profit.
            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

i know they have said no 100 times, but I would still like a rebaged Oppo. If they put in the DACs they use in the SSP 800 they could charge $4000.

Comment

• aarsoe
                • May 2004

I would like to point out that Classé have previously made tuners. Namely the CT-10. So why not do it again?

Comment

• Nolan B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2005

I also wouldnt mind if they rbaged an APC unit as well...like Rotel did.

Comment

• Hberg
                    • Apr 2008

This is just my opinion, but I think Classe' has evolved. In today's world, Classe' market approach seems more about innovation and quality. I honestly don't think that Classe' will be repackaging anything.
                    "If 'A' equals success, then the formula is 'A = _ X + Y + Z.' 'X' is work. 'Y' is play. 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• Nolan B
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Hberg
                      This is just my opinion, but I think Classe' has evolved. In today's world, Classe' market approach seems more about innovation and quality. I honestly don't think that Classe' will be repackaging anything.
                      You are probably right. As much as I would like some other things, I also really respect their go to market strategy.

Comment

• Oddiophile
                        • Jul 2008

I would like to see the next generation of Classe products incorporate DACs with apodising filters much like the latest top-of-the-line Meridian player.

It would be even nicer if current DACs could be upgraded to this but I am not holding my breath. Mind you, Ayre did manage to do it with their latest CD player so perhaps it is not impossible.

Jim

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Oddiophile
                          I would like to see the next generation of Classe products incorporate DACs with apodising filters
                          huh?

what are apodising filters?

Comment

• Oddiophile
                            • Jul 2008

Nolan,

These filters were originally designed by an English chap by the name of Peter Craven. The best way to understand how they work and why they improve the sound is to go to the following links for starters:

http://www.avguide.com/review/tas-19...ture-cd-player (Robert Harley's review of the new Meridian 808.2 CD player)

http://www.avguide.com/article/tas-1...-robert-harley (Interview by Robert Harley of TAS with Meridian's Bob Stuart: specifically pages 4 and 5)

There are variations of this done by PS Audio (in its new PerfectWave Transport), Cambridge Audio, the Berkeley DAC (very highly regarded), Ayre, and doubtless others. Meridian would appear to have the best implementation but in all cases the improvements in sound would appear to be substantial.

Jim

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                              • Dec 2002

I would like to see custom screens.

Example: the fontsize of the volume. Not only when I change the volume, but constantly.

Etc.
                              ------------------------------------------------------
                              Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• Srrndhound
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Oddiophile
                                I would like to see the next generation of Classe products incorporate DACs with apodising filters much like the latest top-of-the-line Meridian player.

It would be even nicer if current DACs could be upgraded to this but I am not holding my breath. Mind you, Ayre did manage to do it with their latest CD player so perhaps it is not impossible.

Jim
                                +1. :T

For me, I'd like to see it in the SSP-800. Its dual DSP has plenty of horsepower, so adding apodising ought not be an issue from that perspective.

Comment

• aarsoe
                                  • May 2004

OK - I have another request.

How about a digital input on any of the cd/dvd/blue-ray drives of the future that could be selected as an input via any of the pre-amps.
                                  That would allow networked music, for instance via the apple airport or similar, to use the DA converter in the "drive unit"..

Comment

• Eliav
                                    • Jul 2005

I would like to see "CAM-800" ;x( ; 800 watts monoblocks, doubling to 1600w/4 ohm and again to 3200W/2 ohm ( what about further 6400w/1 ohm? ) .
                                    I would LOVE to hear these driving a pair of 800D !!
                                    :T Socrat

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Eliav
                                      I would like to see "CAM-800" ;x( ; 800 watts monoblocks, doubling to 1600w/4 ohm and again to 3200W/2 ohm ( what about further 6400w/1 ohm? ) .
                                      I would LOVE to hear these driving a pair of 800D !!
                                      SPECIAL DELIVERY FOR A MR. ELIAV!

I gots your CAM-8000 right 'ear!

Oh, you wanted the CAM-800? ... It says CAM-8000 right 'ear on the invoice.... Where do you want it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

• planitismetal
                                        • Dec 2008

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

• Eliav
                                          • Jul 2005

:rofl: loved it !, I assume such an amp. is not going to be smaller than the one you have sent my way..
                                          :T Socrat

Comment

Working...
                                          😀
                                          😂
                                          🥰
                                          😘
                                          🤢
                                          😎
                                          😞
                                          😡
                                          👍
                                          👎
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"