This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zilch
    • Aug 2009

Are those curves the response or the calibraton correction?

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

Chuck got one of the 'good old' Behringers before they changed mic capsules. Mazeroth's looks better than many of the new ones though. Herb Singleton posted this pic of 40 Behringers he had calibrated. He said assembly QC seemed to have something to do with it. The HF peak varied with how far the mic capsule was pressed into the wand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecm8000_freq_resp.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	946647
      Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 16:31 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Is the new mic capsule supposed to be better? It's amazing how varied those things are on that graph.

Comment

• Biermann
          • Aug 2009

Well mine showed up, looks like I got #7, too bad they folded the paper right on the graph line. I still have the ECM-8000, I can run a sweep w/o a cal file loaded to see the difference in response.

I have a few questiosn about REW, what's the trick to stopping nasty reverb? I have a lot of hard surfaces in my room, when I placed the mic came within 4ft of the speaker, it went haywire. Also, when calibrating the mic and software to 75dB, which is most preferable to raise the dB, increase the mic gain, increase AVR volume, or increase output from the M-Pre? Thanks.

Name:	MicCal.webp
Views:	88
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	946648
          Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 16:31 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Dennis H
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2002

I have a few questiosn about REW, what's the trick to stopping nasty reverb? I have a lot of hard surfaces in my room, when I placed the mic came within 4ft of the speaker, it went haywire.
            Are you talking about a feedback squeal? If so, you need to disable monitoring of the mic input. Not sure how you do that with the M-Audio but nothing the mic picks up should be coming out of the speakers. The only output should be from wav files. Uncheck everything else in the output mixer.

Comment

• Biermann
              • Aug 2009

Thanks Dennis,

That is what I am experiencing, and just found my soundcard calibration was wrong due to the same monitoring issue you speak of, now to find that setting.

Comment

• benchtester
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Dennis H
                Are you talking about a feedback squeal? If so, you need to disable monitoring of the mic input. Not sure how you do that with the M-Audio but nothing the mic picks up should be coming out of the speakers. The only output should be from wav files. Uncheck everything else in the output mixer.
                I will have to verify my set up; this could have been the problem with my USB Emu 0404. I overcame the feedback by using the on board sound chip for the speaker out and the sound card for the mic input; not a aesthetic solution, but it worked.

Comment

• Dennis H
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2002

As well as source settings in the software mixer, many pro sound cards have a switch (either a button or a software switch) to allow direct analog monitoring of what the mic is picking up so you can listen to what you are recording with no A/D/A latency.

Comment

• ch83575
                    • Sep 2006

The PE provided graphs get pretty choppy near the top end. Notice how the Kim G. cal files only correct for major trends and are quite smooth. My guess is that the Kim G. approach will be better in the end. I would guess that, just like in speaker design, correcting for each and every little dip or bump can be counterproductive and that only major trends should be actually corrected for in the cal file. Of course if the graph really is unique for each mic, and the response can be corrected with that level of detail, perhaps my gut feeling is wrong.

Anybody else know which is better: high rez cal file OR highly smoothed cal file?

-Chad

Comment

• chasw98
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ch83575

Anybody else know which is better: high rez cal file OR highly smoothed cal file?

-Chad
                      I am not sure which is better but I prefer receiving an electronic cal file from Kim rather than SPL tracing my own. That is the only downfall of the new mics that I see. They could have included a small cd with the cal file on it but then cost would go up.

Comment

• CllessuR
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by chasw98
                        I am not sure which is better but I prefer receiving an electronic cal file from Kim rather than SPL tracing my own. That is the only downfall of the new mics that I see. They could have included a small cd with the cal file on it but then cost would go up.

I would prefer one too, if for no other reason, how one would make it from this piece of paper completely escapes me! :huh:

CllessuR

Comment

• ThomasW
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by CllessuR
                          I would prefer one too, if for no other reason, how one would make it from this piece of paper completely escapes me!
                          Per post #12 in this thread.....

New Parts Express item: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=390-801 You can't beat it. $48 and it comes with an individual calibration curve. That just saved me $30 since I was just about to pull the trigger on the old one. -Bob
                          Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 17:10 Tuesday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• anechoic
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by CupCak3
                            I did not see anything on my mic (serial number or otherwise) which would identify it as unique or match it to the graph.

I'll gladly send my mic to someone for testing to verify the included graph does truly belong with the mic if any able person is interested.
                            If you (or anyone else) wants to send me an EMM-6, I'll test it for free. I'd like to see what I'm up against.

Offer is good for the first person to respond. Go to the site in my username, and go to the "Contact" tab to email me directly and I'll tell you where to ship the mic.

edit: scratch the "first come, first served," if there are multiple people with EMM-6s who would like a free cal, go ahead and contact me. I''d like to get a few good samples.

Comment

• SoundOfNothing
                              • Aug 2009

sent u an email per your instructions above. Email c...250 please pm me if you didnt receive it.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2006

Awesome, be nice to see what kind of accuracy they are achieving with their calibrations.

Comment

• Dennis H
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by anechoic
                                  If you (or anyone else) wants to send me an EMM-6, I'll test it for free. I'd like to see what I'm up against.

Offer is good for the first person to respond. Go to the site in my username, and go to the "Contact" tab to email me directly and I'll tell you where to ship the mic.

edit: scratch the "first come, first served," if there are multiple people with EMM-6s who would like a free cal, go ahead and contact me. I''d like to get a few good samples.
                                  Hey Herb, good to see you here! Maybe Dayton would be a better source than Behringer for your pre-calibrated mics IF they are flatter on the top end and you can get a good price from our forum sponsor PE (they offer dealer discounts.)

Edit: I'm guessing that PE OEM'd them from Superlux, just like Behringer, but they spec'd a bit of EQ to flatten out the high frequencies.

Comment

• anechoic
                                    • Sep 2009

SoundOfNothing: I responded to your email (PM me if you didn't get the response).

Dennis H: I looked into getting wholesale pricing on the ECM8000 from a few vendors including PE and you can't get any kind of decent discount for less than hundreds of units. I got a quote directly from an Asian OEM and the shipping costs basically eat up any discount at the quantities I deal in.

The actual performance of the raw mic isn't all that important as long as you have a correction curve. The place I go now has a warehouse close to me which means I can get units next day without paying express shipping charges and it seems to be the best deal I've been able to find.

Quite frankly, I'll admit that I can't beat the Dayton pricing. If it's the real deal, I'm giving up the mic party of my business. I am curious as to how they actually do their testing though.

Comment

• CllessuR
                                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ThomasW
                                      ​
                                      Yes I read that and understand the theory, but have a look at the piece of paper that comes with the mic, is there even enough info that is visible enough to be of any use? If so, i'll give it a go:

Name:	IMG_2215.jpg
Views:	1657
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	853635

Name:	IMG_2214.jpg
Views:	1723
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	853636
                                      Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 17:11 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location and quote

Comment

• CllessuR
                                        • Aug 2009

Thanks for taking this on, it will be interesting to see how close the enclosed graph is correct. I am going to fool around and try to make a file as per a few posts back. Awaiting your results!

CllessuR

Comment

• ---k---
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • Nov 2005

You get what you pay for. Save $30 and get a paper calibration curve that you have to trace and isn't as accurate. Spend a little more, and you can get a calibration file on a CD. Pretty simple.
                                          - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                                          CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                                          CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• CllessuR
                                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ---k---
                                            You get what you pay for. Save $30 and get a paper calibration curve that you have to trace and isn't as accurate. Spend a little more, and you can get a calibration file on a CD. Pretty simple.
                                            I think I'll try it both ways. I want the calibration file on CD, but I am interested in how close a DIY one from the paper graph will be. Upcoming test results generously offered by another member should shortly reveal the accuracy of the paper graph. If its way off, no reason to attemp the DIY file, I'm hoping its close, does seem like a lot to ask for 50 bucks! :spin:

CllessuR

Comment

• Dennis H
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Aug 2002

Quite frankly, I'll admit that I can't beat the Dayton pricing. If it's the real deal, I'm giving up the mic party of my business. I am curious as to how they actually do their testing though.
                                              I wouldn't quit selling calibrated mics although these may cut into sales. Some people are still going to want an independent calibration that goes higher and lower than the Dayton curve and has better resolution than the .2dB or so the paper graph appears to have.

Comment

• anechoic
                                                • Sep 2009

I wouldn't quit selling calibrated mics although these may cut into sales. Some people are still going to want an independent calibration that goes higher and lower than the Dayton curve and has better resolution than the .2dB or so the paper graph appears to have.
                                                There's been a fair number of people asking me to stay in the game (and I appreciate the support! ).

I need to get my hand on a few units to see what's going on. Once I've seen the data I'll be better able to figure out what I need to do.

*warning: shameless self-promotion ahead*

In the meanwhile I am offering a discounted rate ($5-$10 off) on calibrated ECM8000's to compensate for slow shipping caused by supply problems.

Comment

• anechoic
                                                  • Sep 2009

SoundOfNothing's EMM-6 arrived via FedEx today.

Here's the data sheet that came with the mic:

Image not available

Here's the factory curve plotted on the same graph with my measurements (0-deg and 90-deg).

Image not available​

There's another EMM-6 on it's way, so I'm going to withhold comment for now (unless people have questions).

SoundOfNothing, I'll email you the data later tonight and ship the mic to you tomorrow.

edit: Full Disclosure just in case someone doesn't know - I sell a competing calibrated mic and mic calibration service so feel free to look at my results in that context.
                                                  Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 16:33 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• Dennis H
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • Aug 2002

Thanks Herb.

Here's the factory curve plotted on the same graph with my measurements (0-deg and 90-deg).
                                                    I don't see the 90-deg curve. Clearly your 0-deg curve isn't a very good match with the Dayton curve.

Comment

• anechoic
                                                      • Sep 2009

Thanks Herb.

I don't see the 90-deg curve. Clearly your 0-deg curve isn't a very good match with the Dayton curve.
                                                      Oops, I uploaded the wrong jpg, fixed.

Comment

• CllessuR
                                                        • Aug 2009

Looks like using SPLtrace or whatever to make a file from the factory
                                                        curve isnt going to be worth doing, assuming that one is representative
                                                        of course. 8O Hopefully this will at least be the same quality as the Behringer unit. I think PE has a 30 day return policy if it turns out to be less quality,
                                                        or am I freaking out for nothing if i have a cal file from Kim as was recommended to me? :B

CllessuR

Comment

• lhwidget
                                                          • Jan 2009

SoundOfNothing's EMM-6 arrived via FedEx today.

Here's the data sheet that came with the mic:

Image not available

Image not available​

There's another EMM-6 on it's way, so I'm going to withhold comment for now (unless people have questions).

SoundOfNothing, I'll email you the data later tonight and ship the mic to you tomorrow.

edit: Full Disclosure just in case someone doesn't know - I sell a competing calibrated mic and mic calibration service so feel free to look at my results in that context.
                                                          ​

Hi Herb,
                                                          It sure looks a lot like the response you measured on my ECM8000 late last year

Name:	ECM8000 Response.jpg
Views:	4775
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	853668
                                                          Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 16:34 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location and quote
                                                          Jay T

My Site

Comment

• anechoic
                                                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lhwidget
                                                            Hi Herb,
                                                            It sure looks a lot like the response you measured on my ECM8000 late last year
                                                            Since you brought it up

Image not available
                                                            Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 16:35 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• Deward Hastings
                                                              • Dec 2006

Hi Herb:

Feel free to post my (significantly different) ECM8000 too, so folks can see the range of responses (mine's a couple years old).

Obviously the piece of paper in the box is no substitute for actual calibration . . .

Comment

• anechoic
                                                                • Sep 2009

I've mentioned this over on Home Theater Shack but it might be worth mentioning here. I think that one of the biggest contributors to unit-to-unit variation among the ECM8000-type microphones is the position of the mic capsule in in the mic body. If you take one apart you'll find that the mic capsule is friction-fit into the mic body and is not always at the tip of the body as it (presumably) should be. When I measure mics with wildly different high-frequency responses, I can generally see that the mic capsules have visually different positions in the body. When the responses look similar, the position looks similar.

I'm starting to wonder if jostling during shipping might be the cause of the difference mic response between what Dayton provided and what I got for the one (and I stress, one!) unit I measured. The one I got was shipped direct to me from PE and the packing was decent but when you shook the shipping box you could hear it rattling around. Similarly, when I get my ECM8000's there tends to be lots of rattle in the shipping box. I'm wondering if excessive rattle might be altering the position of the mic capsule in the mic body.

When I ship out my mics I try to make the box as tight as possible. What I need to do is ship a mic out to the west coast, have it shipped back to me and measure it again to see if this is something to be concerned about.

Comment

• benchtester
                                                                  • Sep 2007

What I need to do is ship a mic out to the west coast, have it shipped back to me and measure it again to see if this is something to be concerned about.
                                                                  Me, Me, I am on the west coast!

Comment

• Deward Hastings
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2006

Is the flattening of response up to 10kHz (at 90 degrees) typical?

Comment

• anechoic
                                                                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by benchtester
                                                                      Me, Me, I am on the west coast!
                                                                      No more freebies! At least in this economy! :g>

Comment

• anechoic
                                                                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Deward Hastings
                                                                        Is the flattening of response up to 10kHz (at 90 degrees) typical?
                                                                        I updated the plot to include your mic.

I wouldn't use the word "flattening" but the high-frequencies do drop off in the 90-degree orientation. If the mic doesn't have that 10 kHz bump (some don't, if I get a chance, I'll post some plots) you just get even more of a rolloff.

Comment

• CllessuR
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • Aug 2009

I updated the plot to include your mic.

I wouldn't use the word "flattening" but the high-frequencies do drop off in the 90-degree orientation. If the mic doesn't have that 10 kHz bump (some don't, if I get a chance, I'll post some plots) you just get even more of a rolloff.

So do you think ( I realize a small sample) this mic appears usable with a good calibration file. or do its limitations preclude it from serious use? At least as good/not as good as the Behringer that looks so similar?

Thanks,

CllessuR

Comment

• lhwidget
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Jan 2009
                                                                            • 82

So do you think ( I realize a small sample) this mic appears usable with a good calibration file. or do its limitations preclude it from serious use? At least as good/not as good as the Behringer that looks so similar?

Thanks,

CllessuR
                                                                            With an accurate calibration file used to correct the mic's response, I think either is fine for serious DIY/hobby work, even general pro work.

Herb, what do you think?

PS
                                                                            Herb,
                                                                            By the way, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I realize it's only one sample, but I'll bet it is indicatative of the trend. I can't think of any way to add a serious test proceedure to the cost of the mic and get it to market cheaper than ECM8000s being sold without cal curves.
                                                                            Jay T

My Site

Comment

• anechoic
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Sep 2009
                                                                              • 50

#83
                                                                              Originally posted by lhwidget
                                                                              With an accurate calibration file used to correct the mic's response, I think either is fine for serious DIY/hobby work, even general pro work.

Herb, what do you think?
                                                                              :T (although the words "accurate calibration file" are key)

Herb,
                                                                              By the way, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I realize it's only one sample, but I'll bet it is indicatative of the trend. I can't think of any way to add a serious test proceedure to the cost of the mic and get it to market cheaper than ECM8000s being sold without cal curves.
                                                                              We'll see. I believe sample unit #2 should be arriving in a few hours.

Comment

• anechoic
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Sep 2009
                                                                                • 50

#84
                                                                                Okay, EMM-6 #2 has been processed.

The factory curve:

Image not available

Here's the factory curve vs my own measurements:

Image not available​

It's closer than the first sample but in my (obviously biased) opinion it's a bit off. Oh, and before I forget, when I made the plot for the first EMM-6 result I posted on Friday, I assumed that the factory graph started at 20 Hz - I was wrong, it starts at 25 Hz, so the factory data should be a little compressed horizontally vs what's there now (but to be honest it doesn't look all that different).

One thing that I do find curious is that the sensitivity of the factory measurements and my measurements are off by about 1 dB. I checked the mic using both of my acoustic calibrators (which in turn have been calibrated by different calibration labs) and got the same result.

So, that's my sample of 2 mics and you may all make of them what you may.

Now given the obvious bias involved here, if I was reading this post, two questions would immediately come to mind:

1. How do we know that this guy isn't lying to protect his profit margins? and

2. Even if he's not lying, how do we know his measurement procedure is any more accurate that Dayton's?

For question #1, I'm going to do the only thing I can think of - I am going to sign this message with my PE credential. I am a registered PE in MA which means I have ethical conduct standards to uphold. If it's shown that I've lied, one could bring a complaint to the board and if an investigation shows that I've violated ethical guidelines, my life very quickly becomes a living h3ll - I've worked on a number state and Federal noise control projects, and I'm an expert witness that has spent a lot of time around lawyers who have dug into every piece of work I've done. Getting kicked around by lawyers is not worth the money I make on my mics.

For question #2, we can look at how my measurements compare against the big boys. I have several professional measurement microphones that are regularly calibrated by 3rd-party NIST-traceable labs (usually Scantek as linked above). So let's look at what the NIST-traceable lab gets vs what I get.

One of my more top-of-the-line microphones is a BSWA MP201. Scantek has calibrated this a couple of time using an electrostatic actuator (to get the pressure response) and then applying a free-field correction per ANSI/IEC standards. One such result is shown below (I do have a more recent cal, but I can't find the plot right now. FWIW, the mic FR didn't change):

Image not available​

So I took the data points off that plot, measured the MP201 using my freefield method (which is basically the substitution method using another calibrated mic) and plotted a comparison:

Image not available​

No tricks, no adjustments, no massaging the data, that's what I got using the same software, hardware and scripts I use to generate curves for all the mics I sell. And yes, that discrepancy at 20 kHz has me a little bothered, but it could be caused by a number of issues including the mic mounting method, the free-field correction curve used by Scantek, etc. Le sigh. However both measurements are will within ANSI/IEC accuracy standards.

There you have it, I report, you decide

Herb Singleton, P.E.
                                                                                Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 16:57 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• CllessuR
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Aug 2009
                                                                                  • 36

#85
                                                                                  Okay, EMM-6 #2 has been processed.

The factory curve:

Image not available

Here's the factory curve vs my own measurements:

Image not available​

It's closer than the first sample but in my (obviously biased) opinion it's a bit off. Oh, and before I forget, when I made the plot for the first EMM-6 result I posted on Friday, I assumed that the factory graph started at 20 Hz - I was wrong, it starts at 25 Hz, so the factory data should be a little compressed horizontally vs what's there now (but to be honest it doesn't look all that different).

One thing that I do find curious is that the sensitivity of the factory measurements and my measurements are off by about 1 dB. I checked the mic using both of my acoustic calibrators (which in turn have been calibrated by different calibration labs) and got the same result.

So, that's my sample of 2 mics and you may all make of them what you may.

Now given the obvious bias involved here, if I was reading this post, two questions would immediately come to mind:

1. How do we know that this guy isn't lying to protect his profit margins? and

2. Even if he's not lying, how do we know his measurement procedure is any more accurate that Dayton's?

For question #1, I'm going to do the only thing I can think of - I am going to sign this message with my PE credential. I am a registered PE in MA which means I have ethical conduct standards to uphold. If it's shown that I've lied, one could bring a complaint to the board and if an investigation shows that I've violated ethical guidelines, my life very quickly becomes a living h3ll - I've worked on a number state and Federal noise control projects, and I'm an expert witness that has spent a lot of time around lawyers who have dug into every piece of work I've done. Getting kicked around by lawyers is not worth the money I make on my mics.

For question #2, we can look at how my measurements compare against the big boys. I have several professional measurement microphones that are regularly calibrated by 3rd-party NIST-traceable labs (usually Scantek as linked above). So let's look at what the NIST-traceable lab gets vs what I get.

One of my more top-of-the-line microphones is a BSWA MP201. Scantek has calibrated this a couple of time using an electrostatic actuator (to get the pressure response) and then applying a free-field correction per ANSI/IEC standards. One such result is shown below (I do have a more recent cal, but I can't find the plot right now. FWIW, the mic FR didn't change):

Image not available​

So I took the data points off that plot, measured the MP201 using my freefield method (which is basically the substitution method using another calibrated mic) and plotted a comparison:

Image not available​

No tricks, no adjustments, no massaging the data, that's what I got using the same software, hardware and scripts I use to generate curves for all the mics I sell. And yes, that discrepancy at 20 kHz has me a little bothered, but it could be caused by a number of issues including the mic mounting method, the free-field correction curve used by Scantek, etc. Le sigh. However both measurements are will within ANSI/IEC accuracy standards.

There you have it, I report, you decide

Herb Singleton, P.E.

Putting doubts listed aside, let's look at it as though everyone knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're dead right. what does this say about the Dayton mic? Its on trial here, no ones doubting you....at least not me! ;x(

CllessuR
                                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 01 August 2023, 16:58 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• Deward Hastings
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Dec 2006
                                                                                    • 170

#86
                                                                                    what does this say about the Dayton mic?
                                                                                    It says it's that the EMM-6 is essentially the same as the ECM8000 with a worthless piece of paper in the box. Either one is fine if you get it calibrated . . .

Comment

• anechoic
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2009
                                                                                      • 50

#87
                                                                                      Putting doubts listed aside, let's look at it as though everyone knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're dead right. Its on trial here, no ones doubting you....at least not me! ;x(
                                                                                      That post wasn't meant as a response to any accusation. I've been around audio long enough to see many vendors tell potential customers "don't buy that product that costs $X, buy my super-duper product that costs $3X!!" and I always want to see detailed reasons as to why I should spend more money when the product for less money seems to do the same thing (think cables). I was putting myself in the shoes of a customer who might (quite reasonably) question why he should spend $80-100 on a calibrated mic when he can get the same thing for $50.

But you most defiitely should doubt me. I doubt me at times.

what does this say about the Dayton mic?
                                                                                      To be honest, I don't know. I'd really like to know what they're measurement procedure is. Without that info, all I can do is speculate.

That said, the Dayton is a pretty decent mic. Certainly the low-frequency response below 100 Hz of the two mics I measured is much better than the typical ECM8000 that I see. If someone wanted to spend $50 and only $50 on a mic, I'd recommend the EMM-6 over the ECM8000 in a hearbeat. However I expect that if someone is buying the EMM-6 thinking they will be able to account for the FR of the mic, they may wind up disappointed.

Comment

• CllessuR
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Aug 2009
                                                                                        • 36

#88
                                                                                        Anechoic and Deward Hastings,

Thank you for the responses, much appreciated. You have told me all I need to know. This little mic will do the job I want, so I wont end this one back. I just need to buy a calibration file for my mic, and I'm good for my purposes.

Thanks,

CllessuR

Comment

• CllessuR
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Aug 2009
                                                                                          • 36

#89
                                                                                          Originally posted by Deward Hastings
                                                                                          It says it's that the EMM-6 is essentially the same as the ECM8000 with a worthless piece of paper in the box. Either one is fine if you get it calibrated . . .

Thankyou, that's good enough for what I need, you summed it up nicely with no BS! :T

CllessuR

Comment

• Licinius
                                                                                            Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2006
                                                                                            • 70

#90
                                                                                            And now on sale for $39... hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            😀
                                                                                            😂
                                                                                            🥰
                                                                                            😘
                                                                                            🤢
                                                                                            😎
                                                                                            😞
                                                                                            😡
                                                                                            👍
                                                                                            👎
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"