X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by dan87951
    I just got my CM9's and absolutely love them in the gloss black. The sound and look well above what I expected. I never really cared for the sound of the older CM's but I just had to give the CM9's a try and I'm glad I did. I will post pictures. We actually did a back to back comparasion of the CM9's and 805's thats why you see 805's next to them. Over all I prefer the CM9's to the 805's they are a much fuller speaker with a bigger soundstage.
    interesting..

Did you compare the CM7 to the CM9s?

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

Here are some pictures of my CM9's. We liked them over the 805s's. They sounded much fuller and had a much bigger sound stage. This is my backup system in the man cave (basement) and i'm very happy with them. I had 602's down here and upgraded to CM9s. Sorry about the camera in advance.

dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Assuming you had a sub and cross both speakers off at 80 what do you think your impressions would be?

Can you also comment on what the CM9 sounds like closer to the back wall... 3-4" from it?

I would really appreciate it.
        Last edited by Nolan B; 08 July 2009, 00:44 Wednesday.

Comment

• dan87951
          • Nov 2005

I do have a sub. The 805's just couldn't blend well with at least my sub because I had to cross over so high (around 100Hz) so it didn't sound right. If you are crossing over that high you miss alot of the mid bass punch I prefer. Don't get me wrong the 805s are a great speaker in a smaller room, i think this room was to big to fill for them.

Never had the speakers that close to the wall so I can't comment. But the closer to the wall the more bassy they got so I slowly moved them foward to get them dialed in.
          dan87951
          audio guru

Comment

• dan87951
            • Nov 2005

no i did not, wish i could though..

Originally posted by Nolan B
            interesting..

Did you compare the CM7 to the CM9s?
            dan87951
            audio guru

Comment

• aquaanox
              • Feb 2007

I owned the CM-7 at one point, and now have the CM-9's. They are both excellant speakers - the difference is really going to be dependant on the size of the room, placement etc. Personally, the CM-9s worked better in my setup, but thats not to say that i had any significant issues with the CM-7s.

Comment

• JesperA
                • Jul 2009

Great to see the speakers in the wild, do you have some more in store for us?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"