X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hired goon
    • Aug 2004

Interconnects for Rotel RSP-1068 / RMB-1075 / RCD-1072

G'day,

I'm looking for reasonably-priced interconnects for my new Rotel RSP-1068 pre/pro, RMB-1075 amplifier, and RCD-1072 cd player. As an example of "reasonable", I'm thinking under AUD$100 (or about US$60). For example, QED Qunex 2 seems like a reasonably priced interconnect (at around AUD$60).

For those readers with Rotel gear, what interconnects are you currently using, and are you satisfied with the sound? If you've upgraded your interconnects, what were your previous interconnects, and why did you upgrade?
  • nyny
    • Jul 2004

hired goon----i have the exact same gears and i am currently using cobalt cable interconnects and i am very satified with the performance. i think cobalt cable has good quality cables that are reasonably priced...you should check them out. hope this helps.
    Tony

Comment

• resperc
      • May 2004

I use outlaw audio ICs and they sound great. They are definitely within your budget. However, I am not sure what shipping will be to your location. Give them a call. Good luck!!!

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

....you can also ask Doug here at the Guide on how much a set of Cat cables would set you back....he's been sending quite a few orders your way lately.....Also if you want to see how good they are there are reviews written by members of this forum...

ANyways just my 2 cents!
        Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Was 60.00 for a pair or for all of them? I'm confused.

Forum Admin stuff:
          Dr rapp, your message was deleted, as skirting the issue by saying email me to get the scoop is not allowed. It's just the same as saying it, you follow the same rules every one else has to. Let this serve as warning 1. 2 warnings will result in a 30 day ban.

I also deleted a link to one said cable brand, I let stand the names of 2 brands, one of which was linked and the other not.

You can mention the name of a brand, no links as in putting it with a .com and no spaces. However, if these cable threads get to be a daily thing, well, there could be new rules. Most people once here a while catch on pretty quick the sensitive area of cables. Why should I let our forum promote heavily other brands? The answer is, they don't pay the bills and I won't-

Doug
          Owner
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Khorn
            • Sep 2004

Hi, I'm just new to this board and don't know who the support companies are and what products or catagories are taboo to discuss. Can someone provide a list?

Comment

• hired goon
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Lex
              Was 60.00 for a pair or for all of them? I'm confused.
              I'll be more specific. I've got 6 connections to make (5 x channels + 1 x cd player), and I've got a budget of about US$200. I may spend more on the L/R interconnects than the rears.

I've read many glowing testimonials for Cat Cables, but I really like to demo a cable before buying (especially since I'm in Australia). If Cat Cables can help out by fitting within my budget, or arranging a demo somehow, then please let me know.

Otherwise, if discussion of competing interconnects is discouraged here, then I'll thank all for responses so far, and seek further advice elsewhere.

-- Geoff

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Geoff, try PM'ing Aussie Geoff. He's got a bunch of Cat cables and is an awesome dude to boot

Jason
                Jason

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Khorn, it's a reasonable request.

CATCables.com is a sponsor brand, as is QuantumCable.com

I laid out some rules recently, that someone can mention a cable casually without a direct link that is not a sponsor brand, but can't make a feature post out of competitive products to our sponsors. We do MAXIMIZE limitations on WEB BRANDS. That means, if you want to talk about Audioquest, Kimber Cable, Nordost, etc.. Then fine, but if you want to talk about a web only brand, or web as their primary outlet, then the limitations are there.

I DO realize, that CAT is not the only brand, but when web brands come into a subject post, it will be much more highly scrutinized.

Thank you.
                  Doug
                  Owner
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Gene Simmons
                    • Sep 2004

Doug, I have a question for you about the new optical cables some unnamed cos. are making with glass. Have you looked into it at all? Is it something you are going to consider going into? Are there real benefits to it or is it another gimmick? I'm sorry if I've missed any of your previous posts commenting on this.
                    (I hope this question is ok.. figured I'd ask the real expert.)

Thanks

Comment

• eddiem67
                      • Jun 2004

New Kord on The Block!Kord Speaker Wire – NOW in Red/BlackShop NowKlimate Outdoor Lighting and Speaker CableTinned OFC wrapped in UV Resistant PVCShop NowOEM Done EasyAdd our Ultimate Battery Terminal for a no cut installation of your factory battery cableLearn More Previous slide Next slide Down with the THICKNESS? Better Planning Better Results What’s new…
                      My Car Audio

Comment

• DeanP
                        • May 2004

The Cat meows!

Well, I may not own any of the "Cat" products, but my research tells me that they're right up there in the boutique cables produced and they are priced right compared to any "store' or 'net place. The silver interconnects would be a fine choice followed by the coppercats. As far as the component cables go, they use the best possible cables and good quality rcas!
                        If I was going to "buy" a set, I would definitely support cat cables! :T

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"