X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrungD1020
    • Aug 2004

Anyone heard of Aperion Audio?

These guys are internet-only and have some pretty good policy(30 day audition, no sales tax, etc.) Have anyone tried them out before? My parents recently bought a new house and we are still doing some work to it. I am planning to replace my dad 10 yr old HT(all yamaha stuff). I dont have the expenses now, but I hope that I will graduate and get a job in a year. So I'm just doing my homework a little bit early and see what my options are. Thanks in advance for the help.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

We use Aperion speakers in pretty much every system we've installed where we didn't use in-walls. They are amazing speakers for the money. The subs are killer, especially for the price. The veneer finish on the speakers is first rate, you'd think they were carved out of a solid piece of wood. They also have a patented DiAural crossover design that results in a really smooth sounding speaker. They aren't bright at all, in all they're very pleasant to listen to.

In fact, at one site, after we set everything up, we ended up staying until midnight listening to their CD collection, since the speakers sounded so good.

You won't go wrong with the Aperions. The company itself is great to work with as well.

Comment

• duncanite
      • Sep 2004

Aperion

I have an Aperion 5.1 system with the PT and the VAC powered by an HK AVR330 and I couldn't be happier. For the money spent I don't think there is a better buy and I looked and listened for months before purchasing the Aperions on a trial basis. I would buy them again without hesitation, they are also the best looking speaker (besides the B&W) around. I would go for it without reservation.

Comment

• TrungD1020
        • Aug 2004

That's great to hear. Duncanite, what color did you get? What speakers did you audition before the Aperion?

Comment

• duncanite
          • Sep 2004

I got the cherry speakers, very nice. My friend has a set of black Aperions and I actually liked those better but the wife wanted the Cherry. I auditioned Klipsh, Definitive and B&W before I bought the Aperions. Aperion seemed to be the perfect balance between cost and performance. Had I had another $1000 I would have went with the B&W, the Definitive sub was too boomy for my tastes and the Klipsh were not even close in quality of sound or finish. I would try the Aperions out and ask Ben Fowler at Aperion any questions that may come up. Some of the best customer service I have encountered in any industry.

Comment

• Bob D207
            • Jun 2001

I have the Aperion Audio 6.1 speaker system with the 12" 250 watt sub and couldn't be happier. The great thing about these speakers is they sound so natural and the bass is awesome. The speakers are very easy to listen to and for the $ I couldn't find anything that compared. Aperion has a 30 day return policy but after hearing these in my home they not going back. The people at Aperion were great to deal with too - I did tons of research and they answered all my questions and couldn't have been nicer. Oh yeah they even send you an owners kit plus my wife really liked the bags the speakers are wrapped in - very classy. Check them out at www.aperionaudio.com. Bob

Comment

• ekkoville
              • Aug 2004

Hey Kevin P., curious as to what inwalls you have used and what your impressions were. I am not sure if inwalls are in the cards but if ithey are, I would like as much info as possible.

Erik

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

We usually use PSB inwalls for HT applications, as they have the best sound quality of the inwalls we've used. If you want more details, start another thread since I don't want to hijack this thread about Aperion.

Comment

• TrungD1020
                  • Aug 2004

Thanks you very much for the reply. Looks like Aperion Audio is somethign I will consider. I notice that in Home Theater Buyer's Guide 2005, Aperion Audio has a speaker model 522D-SS. I look it up on Aperion Audio and could not find any informationg about this. I'm guessing that this speaker is the same as the 522D-LR, but it's use for surround sound?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"