X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daidavel
    • Jan 2004

problem with Alison Krauss SACD w/Denon 2900/Rotel 1098

I just received the Alison Krauss & Union Station Live SACD set from Amazon.com. This is my first SACD, and I don't have others on hand to test with. I'm playing the discs in a Denon 2900 going to the multi-inputs of a Rotel 1098. The problem is the last 2 tracks on each disc stutter and break up badly. All other tracks on each disc play perfectly. I'm suspecting the Denon 2900 might be the problem? Any suggestions? Anyone know how to check the firmware version of the 2900, and if there is an update that would help?
    Thanks!!!
  • dave
    • Aug 2003

Hmm.........
    this sounds familiar, I don't own the disc that you have in question,
    however on my 2900 the same thing is going on with the multi-ch.
    layer of the Whos tommy sacd. I do own quite a few M.C discs
    and this is the only one that it has problems with. Other than that,
    its a great piece of equipment. Check carefully for any scratches
    that could affect the playback. I do know that my disc in question
    has a few and Im thinking that this could be the culprit.
    Good Luck!
    Dave...

Comment

• daidavel
      • Jan 2004

Thanks, I'll try wiping the discs down and see if it helps. I'm leaning against the discs being the problem though, only because this is a 2 disc set, and both discs have the exact same problem (last 2 tracks). Plus they are brand new and look perfect on the bottom ...

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Dave (yes both of you ),

Try cleaning the disc with a CD/DVD cleaning solution. I've had two CD's and a DVD that did the same thing - locking up on late portions - and looked perfectly clean. I went ahead and cleaned them with the solution and that did the trick in all three cases. Here's hoping. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• dave
          • Aug 2003

You came up with the Solution (Pun Intended) to the problem David
          I carefully looked at the disc under the kitchen light last night and found
          a bunch of spots over the entire playing surface as well as the before
          mentioned scratches I took the cleaning solution and gave it a good hard scrubbing and then a gentle soft polishing scrub It plays great now! :T

Thanks for the input David!!! and I hope this procedure works for you as well Daidavel

BTW in the 2900 owners manuel it states that Multi/Ch. playback can be
          affected if the units analog outputs are'nt outputing properly so be sure that in your
          setup section under "Audio" that both the Main M.C. and SACD are set to
          Multi/Ch. also have you set up your PD/Direct modes up yet? this really cleans up the analog sound!!! Hope this helps
          Dave...

Comment

• daidavel
            • Jan 2004

Well, I cleaned one of my two discs and now they both seem to work perfectly?! I also blew in the DVD tray of the player, though I didn't see any dust / dirt -- not sure if that helped at all. In any event, all seems well know, thanks for the input!
            Dave

Comment

• dave
              • Aug 2003

Good Deal Man..............
              Have Fun, thats an awesome concert!!!
              Dave...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"