• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Gimme Pre amps/amps!

Hey guys!

I would like this thread to be about great Pre amps and amps......budget not being an issue

So post on the name, price....and your comments on it :P

Recently I listened to Rogue

Here is the front of the Amp...all in tubes

and here is the back

and here is the Pre Amp

The mono blocks come out to MSRP Canadian 5500.00$

The Pre Amp is 4000.00$ MSRP without phono...that is a 400.00$ Option I was told...

The sound of these ensemble was on Pro Ac 2.5 s cd 73t Arcam as a Transport into a Musical Fidelity DAC set at 192 khz.....

We also vinyl and redbook.......

Great great setup.
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Do you want me to comment on my beloved Brystons or have I beaten that to death already?

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

No comment :lol: :rofl:

Just joking Jimmy, I'm sure other members would appreciate your vast wealth of knowledge in this subject area.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jimmyp58
        Do you want me to comment on my beloved Brystons or have I beaten that to death already?

Jim
        Jimmy no go right ahead! A comparison of other's would be nice....remember we are talkin music 2 channel only

Comment

• jimmyp58
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

I'll see what I can come up with.

Jim

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

BTW, that Rogue is one beautiful piece of equipment!

Comment

• Adz
              • Jan 2004

Bam,

jimmy turned me on to Earthquake's line of CineNova Amps. I sold my 1095, purchased the 300Wx5 channel CineNova which was delivered to my house in a friggin' monster wooden crate (which I'll take a picture of shortly) and the amp itself weighs about 140 lbs (that's almost 64 kilograms, I think). Jury still out on a review - it actually powers my surrounds but I plan on swapping it around with my Bryston 6B which powers my three front speakers for a comparison. I will say that my wife made a comment the other day that the surround speakers really sounded amazing and alive (& I can count all her supportive comments about the HT on about one hand).

By the way, 1,974 posts (as of 9:15 EST) since Jan 2004 compared to my 139 posts from the same start date??? You're averaging almost 10 a day, you're a sick mother F'er (can I abbrev'ate that?). Keep it up :T
              Adz

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                • Sep 2003

Im not well know in these parts, but those who know me wont be surprised by the following..

I love my Halo gear! oh and the Rotel 1072 for 2 channel listening matches nicely :T

Not super High end, but its heaven for me. Ok I'll exit now :P

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
                GameTracker -My List-
                Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• jimmyp58
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

Like ADZ, I am using the CineNova Grande 5 for my surrounds. Ironically (or just because it is so flippin' good), my wife noticed the same results as ADZ's. The surrounds were so much more alive, clear, crisp, exact. I did a bit of swapping with my mains (I had a friend help me) and in some instances, it was difficult to distinguish the CineNova amp from the Bryston! And you know it is killing me to say that. But it is all good though. In the end however, there were a number of times where the Bryston showed it up (in 2-channel --- as it rightfully should). I did this with my Rotel RSP-1098. Perhaps I may notice a greater advantage for the Bryston all around with the Bryston pre/pro I now own. I'll keep you guys posted as well!

Jim

Comment

• Bam!
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Adz
                    Bam,

jimmy turned me on to Earthquake's line of CineNova Amps. I sold my 1095, purchased the 300Wx5 channel CineNova which was delivered to my house in a friggin' monster wooden crate (which I'll take a picture of shortly) and the amp itself weighs about 140 lbs (that's almost 64 kilograms, I think). Jury still out on a review - it actually powers my surrounds but I plan on swapping it around with my Bryston 6B which powers my three front speakers for a comparison. I will say that my wife made a comment the other day that the surround speakers really sounded amazing and alive (& I can count all her supportive comments about the HT on about one hand).

By the way, 1,974 posts (as of 9:15 EST) since Jan 2004 compared to my 139 posts from the same start date??? You're averaging almost 10 a day, you're a sick mother F'er (can I abbrev'ate that?). Keep it up :T

Adz! Wow man That is quite a monster for surrounds........I know Jimmy is a power Freak :P and heck if you want authority, dynamics with a grand slam and precison....power will do that!

As for the posts.....yeah I got a little carried away! : :lol:

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"