Denon DRA-295 w/ KEF Q Compacts for Bedroom?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • modulated
    • Aug 2004

Denon DRA-295 w/ KEF Q Compacts for Bedroom?

Newbie here, overjoyed I found this forum, hope I can contribute some value. But right now, I'm needy.

I'm putting together a light duty system for the bedroom, and I'm considering the Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver. The reason I'm interested is that it has video inputs (dvd/vcr/v.aux)and does video switching, even though it's a stereo amp. I have no desire for surround sound in the bedroom (my wife is suffering enough with the 8 speakers in the family room), but I certainly can't listen to dvd and digital cable music channels through the TV speakers.

The amp would drive 2 sets of speakers: I have my eye on the KEF Q Compacts for the bedroom, and I have already installed JBL SP6C's in the adjoining bathroom ceiling. The Denon is only 50W/channel, so I think it'll match nicely with the Q Compacts. The Q1's aren't much more, but the Compacts size is a plus since I can hide them away in the armoire next to the amp (when not in use of course).

I have snobby ears and beggar's pockets, so the goal is a small system, with great sound, for cheap. How does this set-up sound to you guys? Are there other amps I should consider? Will the Q Compacts disappoint as main speakers, even for a light duty system? (fyi, I considered mini-systems, but I need to power the bathroom speakers and I need inputs for DVD/Digital Music/VCR).

THANKS!

Modulated
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"