X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

Pioneer DV667a (dv563a) multizoning

Hi all I have just purchased A Dv667a and am looking for advice on where to find a set of instructions on how to multizone this unit or if somebody knows of a service agent in Perth, Western Australia who can perform this task.I know a hack is availible as some stores on the Eastcoast of Australia offer new units already multizoned.
    Thanks Brendon.
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Brendon

Best place to search is: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

They do however not have your model listed - but you could try using the codes from a similar model. Alternatively I am sure that someone will post a code pretty soon.

Sorry that I cant be of better help..

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hi Brendon, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

You're probably already aware that modding your unit will invalidate the manufacturer's warranty unless the shop doing the mod (and the mod) is one approved by Pioneer, right?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• brendon
        • Aug 2004

Re dv667a hack

Hi Guys thanks for your replies.I suspect that any mod that not issued by Pioneer (Who locked this feature out in the first place) would lead to warranty complications.Is the DV563a US model region free when shipped?Do pioneer service centers perform this mod on an official basis?
        Thanks Brendon

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

Is the DV563a US model region free when shipped?
          The DV-563a US model is Region 1-only when shipped. The shipping carton has the Region 1 and NTSC symbols on the end panels next to the printed box where they put the serial number.

Do pioneer service centers perform this mod on an official basis?
          Nope, the US model is "officially" Region 1-only and "officially" it cannot be changed to multi-region. I have seen "region-free" modded units advertised for sale from unofficial sources that include a PAL-NTSC converter and are about double the price of the standard model.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• aarsoe
            • May 2004

The problem is that there really is no need for Region 1 customers to get multi region.
            The reason the rest of us want it, is that we want to be able to purchase new releases long before they are availeble in the other regions.. (oh - and transfer quality is also an issue in some cases..)

The point I am trying to make is that many (not all) US versions of dvd players, dont even have the PAL capability - that could be a reason for a non-existing region modification.

Comment

• brendon
              • Aug 2004

Dv-667a multiregion hack not required

I have just found a region one DVD and tested my unit and it played fine !!
              The offfcial pioneer website in Australia does not list this as a multizone player and other retailers on the East coast list multizoning as a free service(No wonder!!).I know that there were issues about 12mths ago with this units predessor not playing some disks (DVD-A) but this has been has been addressed with a firmware update and I can only guess Pioneer added multizone as sweetner for dissatisfied owners.
              Thanks to all who replied
              Brendon
              Last edited by brendon; 21 August 2004, 23:26 Saturday.

Comment

• redbears
                • Aug 2004

All Pioneer units sold in Australia with a re taped box are multizone. The tape will read "modified by Pioneer to suit Australian conditions". Some retailers sell the R4 versions, but look for the above and everything will be OK. These play RCE discs no worries as well.

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

What is an RCE disc?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                    • Sep 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
                    What is an RCE disc?
                    If I'm interpreting it right, given the context, it is a disc that has been "Region Code Enhanced" or has "Region Code Enhancement" -- a scheme the studios implemented to further lock in the region code by attempting to thwart Region 0 hacks on DVD players. The RCE disc performs region code checking that looks at which region a player is set for to confirm a match. It won't play if there isn't a match. (IOW, a Region 1 RCE disc won't play in a player that has been modified to look like a Region 0, or "no region", player.)

You might be surprised at the list of discs that are encoded that way. You probably have several in your collection and aren't aware of it, because they usually play without incident in most players if the region matches. Needless to say, some enterprising souls who are into multi-region playback have reportedly figured out "work arounds".... ;>) Also some units have apparently been modified to "automatch" whatever code is being sought by the RCE disc and therefore play those discs without a problem.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• redbears
                      • Aug 2004

Spot on with that explanation of RCE.

RCE is more of an issue for those outside of R1 land... but thankfully most players sold in Oz have no issue playing them. :T

Comment

• brendon
                        • Aug 2004

RE -retaped boxes

Hi redbears,Just checked my box and it has the tape as you described.
                        Thanks to all who replied
                        Brendon

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"