X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacherman
    • Jan 2004

Cube Advice

I have 7.1 surround. My 4 dual cubes for the sides and rears are cheap-o RCA’s and I will be looking to upgrade. I am not a highly sophisticated audiophile however I would like some advice on nice sounding, moderately priced, cubes or speakers small enough to hang from the cube brackets.

Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Try Energy Take 5 or Energy Encore.

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

Good guys was closing out the encores at half price a couple weeks ago - $750 for the set.

Might also check out the Tykes at AV123, they seem to garner good press although they're new.

BB

Comment

• Preacherman
        • Jan 2004

Do you fine Gentlemen have links to these?
        Bruce

Comment

• Brandon B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2001

tykes

Encor at Goodguys. Price I saw 4th of July was a sale, thought it was still good but appears to have gone up a bit. Retail on the (older) encores was $1500, so this price may or may not be a decent one currently.

BB

Comment

• Preacherman
            • Jan 2004

Ok...The Tykes were in the range but on some of these I can see my moderately priced differs from your moderately priced:thud:. Ok...How about poverty level, adequate sounding speakers....
            Bruce

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

what's moderatly priced to you? And how many do you need?

If the Tykes are in the ballpark price wise try these instead Energy Take 5.2 on eBay with Buy Now price of $370

if you only need a pair there's these one's or these ones in black or these or these Encores

You could also do inwall speakers for a very reasonable price too if that appeals. I think I paid about $70 a pair for my in walls for the upstairs livingroom and they don't sound that bad

Comment

• gd
                • Jan 2003

How about a sphere?

Gallo Nucleus Micro's sound good, look good... $150 each.

greg (gd to you)
                Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• H.T.C
                  • Nov 2003

You could also try klipsch satelites (they have that nice waf blend in ability) the synergy line best buys have them or the referance line of klipsch sold at higher audio stores only.

These speakers use tweeters and woofers unlike other small compact speakers which use what i call twoofers not a tweeter or a woofer.

There is also anthony gallo accoustics which use use round (waf) factor speakers in metalic style colors like the balls that hang from a christmas tree,i dont the web addresse,sorry.
                  Robert

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"