X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jedwards
    • Jun 2004

Newbie HT: APT HT furniture opinions...

I am new to the forum and I hope someone here can help me out. I am putting together a HT in a small apartment and I am looking to minimize the impact on the room. I am hoping to only have the screen and speakers visible (when neccessary), every component should be hidden away as I hate clutter and plan to use an IR repeater.

My last attempt used a four tier stand from Bell'o which was designed to display the components, but the system is too big for a small room.

I have found this company, http://www.diamondcase.com, and I was wondering if anyone here has experience with the Evolution credenza and could express some opinions. This is a factory direct order company on the opposite coast, so I am afraid I won't be able to see one in person.

Also, anyone know of any similar products?

Thanks
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

lol...you thought those would be better for a smaller room? LMAO...u funny man. If you have a small room and want something that can hide your components, why would you wanna add a monster cabinet like that in a already small room? Any ordinary audio racks would be so much cleaner than that if you have all the wires hidden or tucked away somehow. Not to mention how much money you'll save and how much easier it'll be for you to move when your lease is over.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hi, jedwards, and welcome to the Guide! :banana: I personally use Salamander products. I have their cabinets in my bedroom and theater, and use their seating in my theater as well. (www.salamanderdesigns.com) Their stuff is not cheap, but very good quality and looks fantastic as a piece of furniture. I too wanted a clean look, especially in my bedroom, where all equipment is hidden in cabinetry instead of out in the open. Very functional, too, as it passes all IR information, keeps equipment cool, etc. You can customize it exactly how you want it, and add on pieces later without any problem. I highly recommend them.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

oh, and if you're on the East Coast, I think Salamander is, too. New England somewhere if I remember right. You can see it in some nice audio/video stores as well.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"