X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sg13
    • Jun 2004

Music Distribution around House

New here. Lots of great info. Read about 100 threads in the last couple days.

I currently have a Kenwood VR-507 Receiver
    Welcome to KENWOOD USA Site. In pursuit of further value creation by integrality our three core business segments and establish mobile & home multimedia system business

5.1 out for my HT and 2 Channel out for B speakers. I haven't gotten a hold on how this forum likes Kenwood equipment, but their equipment has been good to me for the last 15 years. My CD and CD/DVD players are routed through the Kenwood. I also am building a HTPC to house my audio collection and pipe that through the receiver.

Anyways, what I want to do is set up Audio distribution through the house by putting ceiling speakers in select areas.

First, it doesn't need to be hi-end. We're not audiophiles and the home isn't high-end. Music from our laptops is good enough, but I'd like to merge all our collections to the home server.

Second, I gotta do this economically, but I want to make sure I give myself some expansion. I'm starting with a couple rooms, but may want to expand to more later on.

So, obviously I need some ceiling speakers. Not too difficult a task, but any recommendations?

More importantly, how the heck do I do this distribution. What equipment do I need and how am I supposed to hookup to my HT/Audio setup with the Kenwood receiver.

Thanks for the help and let me know if i've let any info out thats needed.

--Scott :righton:
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"