• Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

My two channel room

Ok I attached the pictures (Kevin P.)
    Kevin,
    Thank you for your help.
    Just a quick bit of info on the room and components. The speakers are Vandersteen 5As, vertically bi-amped through a Theta Dreadnaught amp.
    The preamp is a Hoveland. The CDP is a tube output Granite Audio. The turntable is from Teres Audio with a Graham 2.2 arm and a Lyra Helikon cartridge. The bass traps are from Real Trap, they are inexpensive and they work. The TT stand and the rack are DIY. The TT stand has just shy of 400lbs of sand in the legs and sandbox, very inert. The rack has almost 50lbs of sand in each of the three sand boxes.
    For those that don't beleive in analog, I had a Theta Casablanca ll, Theta DaVid ll, Theta Data lll, and 10 Vandersteen speakers that I sold in order to have the Teres. I wouldn't have given up such expensive digital gear on a whim. I almost never use the CDP and my wife will only listen to vinyl.

I beleive all the posters can probably be found for sale somewhere but, these were taken from Bill Graham's outer office in 1966 while I was there collecting some money he owed me.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Bob; 30 May 2004, 15:39 Sunday. Reason: Attached and linked pictures
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

You need to put a complete URL in between the img tags, or upload the pic as an attachment.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Bob, that URL is asking me for an account and password. Care to share? :B

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

Finally, I got it to work, at least somewhat. Must of been a problem with my phone line. Now, why are there so many thumbnails?
        Last edited by Bob; 28 May 2004, 22:50 Friday.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

bob, just email the pictures to me, and I'll put them on the damn internet! LOL.

Doug
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Ok Bob, I attached the pictures from the album link you emailed me and put them up. Then I saw you had a couple of attachments already loaded so I pointed to them.

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

Kevin,
              Thank you so much. I thought I finally figured it out but, it was you who uploaded the pictures.

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Bob! Awesome room, fantastic looking equipment and Vandys. I'm almost afraid to ask for a closer up shot of your gear other than the table.

Thanks for sharing your room, and what a great room it is! I don't have to bet, I know it sounds absolutely blissful even without hearing it.

Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Very nice Bob!
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Bob, that's the kind of room and equipment most of us only dream about - awesome! ;x(

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Danbry39
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Sep 2002

Frickin amazing!!! That's a dream system.

Would be curious to hear more about your interactions with Bill Graham if you're so inclined.
                      Keith

Comment

• Jariten
                        • Jun 2000

Nice....

do those Surf Boards help the accoustics in the room :B

I lovethe turntable....very nice...... :T

Happy listening

Comment

• Bob
                          • Jul 2000

Thank you for the kind comments. The surfboards (you only see 2 of 12 in the picture) used to be up in the beams but, I realized that they were interfering with the sound. I now have them in a DIY rack so that they stand up along the two side walls to the side and slightly back of the speakers where there is no sound reflection problems.
                          As to Bill Graham, I really don't have any stories. I used to work at a place called the Carousel. It was the hip music venue in the Bay area early on. Lotsa Hell's Angels and one of Joplins early venues. Bill bought it and then moved on to the Filmore West and I went with him. One day i wondered into the office to collect some money, it was the sixties so I was tripping and for something to do I started pulling down posters of some of the concerts we had in '65 & '66. Just recently refound them and framed them up.

Anyone interested in TTs should pay the Teres audio page a visit and click on the projects. For those that don't know. Teres primaily sells just a few parts and then people build their own TTs. Many of the guys are engineers with excotic shops to work out of, some are just home tinkeres. They all come up with their own uniquie vision of a TT.
                          I would like to find the time to modify my Vandersteen speakers and to build my own amps but, just can't find the time. I like to shape my own surfboards and that takes time enough for now. Maybe if I lived somewhere cold I would be more fascinated with building indoor projects but for now, it's all about getting into the water on some sort of device. I'm almost 60 and figure i don't have that many waves left to catch and want all I can get until I can't.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"