which CD player for RA-1062 beside Rotel CD player?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

which CD player for RA-1062 beside Rotel CD player?

Hi,
    Another question comes across my mind about Integrated Amp. RA-1062. Since 1062 does not have digital input, i guess i will need to get a good CD player(I can't afford Rotel CD player for now). And I currently have a good Sony CD player. Do you think it will work fine with RA-1062? any other CD player do you suggest besides Rotel?

thanks.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Arcam... but that's probably more that you want to spend as well....

Sony's made some nice CD players over the years but some are good, some are not....hopefully someone else has some better suggestions for "mass market" players...

Sorry ops:

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Juan Cortez
      • May 2003

Also check out some of the NAD CD players. They too make really good CD players. They can preform just like the Rotel's and are cheaper. Check out the C521BEE which retails for $499.00 CDN.
      Jason

Comment

• RisingPhoenix
        • Apr 2004

I have the NAD 542 its brilliant, i picked it over the Rotel CD player, but that was my preference...

Works a treat with other rotel electronics..

Steve

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Hi,

I'd second the NAD Cd 542i - I did an A/B comparison with the Rotel RCD-1072 and it was very good and quite a different sound from the Rotel. More warm and enveloping. Worth a listen if you want a change from the Rotel sound but still very good quality. The NAD is also multi best buy / editors choice winning etc. I picked the Rotel becuase is was "truer" / cleaner sounding and very transparent. But the NAD had a knack of making music come to life - so well worth a listen.

Geoff

Comment

• audiofan
            • May 2004

thank you all. I'll check out NAD / Rotel .

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

It seems that you're going for a small 2-channel system here but is there a reason you're not going for something like the 1056 and RDV-1040/1050 to allow for pretty good 2-channel AND 5.1?

Jason
              Jason

Comment

• audiofan
                • May 2004

what happens is that i have an extra DVD player and i need a good integrated amp. for my bedroom. Your suggestion is a good idea. I'll see what I can do. How do they sound?

thanks.

Comment

• audiofan
                  • May 2004

also, i already have a Denon 3805 which is my current HT. But, I eventually will get a power amp. for it ( i think i'll go for 1080) . Right now, i only need something small , music only, for my bedroom.

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Well if you've already got a 3805, you probably don't need the 1056. Besides you'd probably end up wanting to replace the 3805 with the 1056....lol

If it's not for super critical listening why not just use the Zone 2 capabilities of the 3805 and a small 2-channel amp for your bedroom? This would allow you to also access anything connected to the 3805...

Jason
                    Jason

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"