X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Vinyl lovers!

You really have to love Vinyl for this one!

17 000 Us D!!!!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Nothing "digital" about that Rube Goldberg contraption! I see three analog gauges among the machined stainless steel cylinders, presumably providing some kind of performance data -- how do the rest of us manage to play our LPs without that kind of information? :>) I also wonder how well the linear tracking arm performs. Some of those designs in the 1970s were very finicky (prone to breakdowns) while others performed very reliably.

Burke

PS -- since you titled the thread "Vinyl lovers" I thought that it might be about inflatable dolls. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

It's a Vyger Indian on its air-suspension base. The Vision tonearm was designed for air-adjustable VTA of all things. Supposedly, it's a very finicky, VERY problematic system. I'd sure like to hear one, though.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

Hey duders!

I knew Burke and Dave would show up on this one!

So Burke you are into inflatable dolls ain! :lol: :lol:
        Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

You really have to love Vinyl for this one!
          I love vinyl but, I don't think love has one cotton pickin' thing to do with it.....cash.....lot's and lot's of CASH! :B 8) :heh:
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

How about the Turn Table here?

I love the sound of Vinyl too, but it's insane how much money is spend so a person can hear the Clicks and pops so much Better :E
            Bing

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'm not sure, but that one may be a Walker Proscenium (sic?). Notice the second tonearm on it?

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by David Meek
                Notice the second tonearm on it?
                What purpose does a second tonearm have? I saw a pic of another exotic TT that had 3, count' em, THREE tonearms? For what? To play 3 tracks at once?

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Kevin P
                  What purpose does a second tonearm have? I saw a pic of another exotic TT that had 3, count' em, THREE tonearms? For what? To play 3 tracks at once?
                  Those are required to play the hidden satanic tracks. :E
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Kevin P
                    Nah, for the satanic stuff you have to spin the disc backwards. :

Seriously though, every tonearm/cartridge combination will sound different from any other. Some people have the wherewithal to have multiple combos on their TTs so that they can use the one with the best characteristics for a specific album. Bass too flabby? Use tonearm B. Want a little more euphonic sound? Use tonearm C.

I do have to question having two sets of speakers so close to each other. That'll play hell with your soundstage.

Comment

• Bob
                      • Jul 2000

Why stop at such a mediocre TT when for a few more dollars (about $40,000 more) you could get this:

Of course, for this price, it doesn't include arm or cartridge.

Comment

• David Meek
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Heck Bob, let's spend some REAL money and get a Rockport Sirius III for about $80,000 US.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"