X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcchap
    • Jan 2004

Zu cables?

I recently bought a biwire pair of Zu speaker cables and am impressed.
    Does anyone have experience with their interconnects?
    I am currently using AQ Diamondbacks which seem to be fine, just always looking for something better.
    Thanks everyone.
    Chris
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The best cables in the world are made by the man who owns this site. Click on the CATCABLES link below and see what goodies he has to offer. :T
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Can't say I have heard of Zu cables, But I know if I were to by any high end inteconnect they would be the Catcables Silver Cats....

Not only are they the most beautiful interconnect I have ever seen, being made with a silver conductor, they have to be as revealing as interconnects could possibly get. 8)
      Bing

Comment

• rcchap
        • Jan 2004

Thanks George and Bing.
        I have never listened to silver cables. I hear that silver is a great conducter but comes accross a little harsh.
        Chris

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Silver "harshness" depends on 2 things.

1. The quality of the silver.
          2. Is it conditioned properly and broken in when evaluated.

Regarding item 1, CAT uses only the finest 99.99% pure solid silver, and puts it in a teflon dielectric, the finest insulation for audio money can buy.

For item 2, CAT uses a device known as a cable cooker to condition all silver cables prior to shipment. The stresses the dielectric more than you ever could playing them, and as importantly, 1 day on the cooker is equivilent to a solid week of play. Silver requires 2 weeks solid play to really open up and sound it's best. So, 2 days on the cooker is best.

Now even after all that, it is certainly possible that silver can be to forward for your system. That depends on a host of variables. Tweeters, electronics driving them, room acoustics, even other cables, and of course, listening tastes.

But to eliminate all silver on the basis of a reputation of it being "harsh", would be a mistake for many systems.

Lastly, I will add that it's a fine line between sounding "harsh", and being transparent and detailed. Really, the line is decided by your own ears. We all can have slightly different thresholds for highs, and what's harsh to some, may be transparent and musical to others. So, please at least remember that when describing something as universally "harsh or bright".

regards,
          Doug
          CATCables.com
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"