X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Rack em' up boys

Nope, not pool. Thinking new racks here. I got my sights set pretty high, well both price wise and "height" wise. Currently, I am using a Pioneer Elite rack that originally matched my PRO-119 perfectly. Now that I went FP, well, that match thing is no longer a consideration. I do have a real concern about the weight stress I put on this Elite rack. It's been a good one, but I am concerend about long term "weight wear".

I'm looking at Billy Bags right now, as follows:

#PRO-1.5 SW SWIVEL COMPONENT RACK 27” W x 19” D x 78” H
    With Side Panels, 360° Swivel Base & Shown with new 3” Round Aluminum Pro Glides
    List: $1,750

#PRO-4068 COMPONENT CENTER
    40” W x 21” D x 68” H Shown with 27” TV Set & 4” Locking Casters
    List: $1,450

#ST60 STUDIO AUDIO RACK
    21.5" W x 20" D x 62" H
    Adjustable rack rails are mounted to side supports. Side panels cover 3/4 of sides yet still allows good air flow, and shelves are also shown here.
    List: $1,175

This one's got the height, but I don't want rack mounts, and not sure if shelve options would work here or be affordable. (yeah right)
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

The first one above is a real rack. I like the swivel mount for easy cable access. But I am concerned about possible "wobble" over time with the weight I put on a rack. This one's not quite as attactive to me as

number 2. Number 2 is the PRO series. I'd need additional shelves where the TV is, or else stack DVD CD combo there like I do now in my rack. I assume the other shelves are adjustable, but I don't know for sure. I'll find out. This is like a rack within a rack, nice design, and very strong I'd guess.

It's possible I could have this rack extended for a price. Bags stuff is pretty much custom made to order anyway, so that's a possibility.

Number 3, looks pretty nice, but at second glance isn't even as tall as number 2. It would likely be out on that basis, though it does look nice. Then there's the rack mount considerations. I won't be rack mountin.

Lex
    Doug

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

They're all very nice Doug. What happened to the plan to rebuild the great room? If that's still a possibility why not wait to see what might work better in that room?

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

Nice rack! 8O LOL...sorry couldn't resist! Those are VERY nice Lex! 8) As I do most of the time, I'd let your budget speak on which one to get.

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I'll likely be staying with the dual purpose room for a while Andrew. Besides, my setup is working pretty well for us, so I am not sure I would even want to commit to adding on. There is the issue of taking the house to far above the neighborhood as well price wise. Someday, I may move, just not ready to do that yet.

Haha E. Budget? Since when has that ever stopped me? It may delay me, but usually doesn't stop me.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Now them thar racks is really somethin'. How tall are you Lex ? Can you reach the top shelf ? :LOL:

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

George: :rofl:

CHRIS
              Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

Yeah... Lex is kinda on the short side. He can get himself one of those lifts to lift himself up to the top of the rack. :P

Those are some nice racks Lex... expensive too but I guess you get what you pay for huh. I always do the el cheap and build my own... of course I always have a odd set up for some reason as well.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"