• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

Xantech IR gear (or the like), Andrew?

Greetings again,
    I just picked up a Xantech Hidden Link IR kit, and it works flawlessly...

However one peice of perfection yet evades me, I need to know what is done when you require a AV receiver that has an IR input jack to connect to a Xantech connecting block (IR manifold)?

It looks like I'll need a 1/8" stereo male to 1/8" stereo male extension, is there such a thing available, or is it a one-off?

Andrew, I put your name in the subject field, 'cause I noticed you had a buffalo manifold connected to your Rotel the same way.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yes all you need is a male 1/8" mono cable. I had a hard time finding one locally though so I made my own and Pat sent me an extra he had. I know the Rat Shack at Unicity doens't have any nor did the Polo Park location.

Speaking of the direct plug ins though IMO these ought to be standard on all AV gear as its FAR easier to work with then sticking IR Blasters on the front of our gear. I believe all Rotel gear has the inputs so its not like its impossible either.

Comment

• Bent
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2003

I just noticed we may be mis-understanding each other here (Or it could only be me mis-understanding you), My IR connecting block has 4 IR out jacks, of which I'm using 3 with stick-on emmiters, (leaves one spare jack). I can't hardwire a pigtail with a 1/8" male mono end to it, because the screw-in terminal block on the IR connecting block is for inputs and power only. (I'm assuming you meant wire one end of a male 1/8 plug to the block, and plug the male end into my AV receiver's IR in plug.

I'm thinking a cord with a 1/8" male mono plug on either end...
      If we are on the same page, then I would plead that we forget the previous banter. Does a dual 1/8" male mono plugg'd cord get wired up straight through (tip to tip, ring to ring), or does it cross over? (tip to ring, etc).

thanks for being patient.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

No we understood each other properly we're both talking about the male mono to male mono cable just that I said that if you can't buy a comercial one just make one from parts.

Anyway its straight tip to tip and shield to shield so there's no crossing over or anything.

Comment

• Bent
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2003

terrific, thanks.

Comment

• Bent
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2003

I made one last night...
            it woks perfectly.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Good to hear:T

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"