• Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

WOW now here's a cool theater

• Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

It's impressive in a "gee whiz" sort of way. But it strikes me kind of like the Getty museum complex in LA ("do people go there to see the art or to look at the buildings") -- does anyone actually watch movies in there, or are they looking at the twinkling star fields and swoopy architecture? Less "mind blowing" but more functional (for watching movies) would be something like this: Houston Audio Concepts Area 51 (the overhead lights can be dimmed down to darkness).

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

The surroundings are a bit distracting, aren't they.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• justin
        • Feb 2003

That is great. I like it! It is alittle distracting. Can they only watch Star Wars movies in there, I wonder. Only if I had money to do the things that I want!

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
        Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.

Comment

• Trevor Schell
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

That's what I need!!!:yesnod:

Trevor
          My HomeTheater S.E.
          Sonically Enhanced
          C5
          Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I sort of agree with both groups. That's what I want... but at say %50 "gee whiz" levels...lol Maybe move the star fields to the rear of the theatre (as long as you don't see a reflection on the screen 8O ) so you see them as you're coming and going but not during the movie.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• beyond 1000
              • May 2004

I wouldn't want my name disclosed either with a tacky room like that. This guy needs a girl.

Comment

• Jariten
                • Jun 2000

Beyond1000 is right...

o_O

I wouldn't disclose my ID either if I owned such a place...

time to grow up maybe?
                Did anyone tell the guy it was just a movie?

no...might be time to do so..

White in a HT room...
                might be a bit distracting no?

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                  • Oct 2002

Imagine a good Western with Clint Eastwood next to C3PO. Feeling odd? :lol:
                  To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• amix
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by aud19
                    so you see them as you're coming and going but not during the movie.
                    So, you think, when the HT was ready, he was missing the money to buy the switch to switch it off ?

Well, I would tak it just as it is. I find the design very comfortble and beautiful. It really is "different" to the rest where you'd normally live and thus really takes you off into another world. That's entertainment. Great love it.
                    Adios, amix :dothewave:
                    Stereo: Rotel RA-840 BX4, Rotel RP-955 (Ortofon MC 15 Super), Nakamichi CR4, DBX DX-900, Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE, OCOS
                    HTPC-Server: P4 1.8, ASUS p4PE, 512MB, 2x 250GB, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, G550DH, DVB-s, SATA HotSwap, GB-Lan

Comment

• amix
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by beyond 1000
                      This guy needs a girl.
                      Maybe the ownee is a girl.

Must

find

her.

Argh!
                      Stereo: Rotel RA-840 BX4, Rotel RP-955 (Ortofon MC 15 Super), Nakamichi CR4, DBX DX-900, Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE, OCOS
                      HTPC-Server: P4 1.8, ASUS p4PE, 512MB, 2x 250GB, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, G550DH, DVB-s, SATA HotSwap, GB-Lan

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Well, Being a Star Wars Fan, I love it.
                        That is creativity at it's best.:T
                        I know I would enjoy that room very much. :yesnod:
                        Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• amix
                          • May 2004

What I like so much about it (besides the looks) is the fact, that it is really finished and content in itself. It's design is "closed" so to say.

It is not a mock-up but a real room in a futuristic design, that leaves nothiing to desire. So it is actually just a room. And not a Star-Wars Scene.

That is also why I would not have any problems seeing a Clint Eastwood movie in it. I mean, I also watch StarWars in my living-room, which does not fit its style.

Love it.

Comment

• Bam!
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jan 2004

Hey dudes!

I dunno ? It's ...... well....it's......very Star wars ee! :lol:

Luckily they were not into Puff the Magic Dragon! :lol:
                            Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• ti33er
                              • Apr 2004

Awesome Ht!

LOL, you guys! ...if I had a room like that, I would actually live in it (just needs a pull-down bed, and perhaps a small shower/toilet somewhere in the side panels!) :T

(...personally the only thing I would change, is to perhaps have a larger screen!)
                              "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• John Holmes
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by amix
                                What I like so much about it (besides the looks) is the fact, that it is really finished and content in itself. It's design is "closed" so to say.

It is not a mock-up but a real room in a futuristic design, that leaves nothiing to desire. So it is actually just a room. And not a Star-Wars Scene.

That is also why I would not have any problems seeing a Clint Eastwood movie in it. I mean, I also watch StarWars in my living-room, which does not fit its style.

Love it.
                                I concur with this. I don't have a problem with this room. Watching movies are about leaving reality and having fun. I think this is well within this guide. And, if the film on the screen is doing what it's suppose to do, the room should be a non-issue.
                                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Preacherman
                                  • Jan 2004

I'm more of a Trek fan, but I could live with this. My dream theater is the Enterprise Bridge from Star Trek the Next Generation. Chairs are big and comfortable and spaced about right. Remote built right into arm. Heck I could put on the old warp screen saver and watch that for hours.....well at least a few minutes.

Here are some other nice theaters.

A little to white for me.

Sweet....Check out the entire home... :5:
                                  Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

• aud19
                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2003

Wow those are NICE :jawdrop:

The trick with the window/screen is a pretty damn cool/good idea too 8O

Jason
                                    Jason

Comment

• GSamF
                                      • Mar 2004

My stereo dealer at Definitive Audio in Seattle told me about this theater. I think they had a part in the creation of this or supplied the equipment.

However, I was told the owner wanted the cone like Nautilus speaker for each and every speaker, front, surrounds, rears and the center too. Poor guy, I guess he had to "settle" for Wilson speakers. What a shame.

I was told he is one of the many Microsoft Millionaires with money to burn, and to him buying this theater is like me buying a new pair of shoes.

And for the people who asked earlier if he can only watch star wars movies in there, what makes you think he doesn't also have a dedicated Indiana Jones theater or heaven forbid Thelma and Louise theater complete with convertable Chevy seating and full scale cliff?

Sam

Comment

• John Holmes
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2000

And for the people who asked earlier if he can only watch star wars movies in there, what makes you think he doesn't also have a dedicated Indiana Jones theater or heaven forbid Thelma and Louise theater complete with convertable Chevy seating and full scale cliff?
                                        Hehehehe, now that's funny! :rofl:
                                        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"