Come on Erik and I can't be the only one's working on our HT'S?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Come on Erik and I can't be the only one's working on our HT'S?

David how's your project coming along?

Chris any sneak pics you can posts?

Clive weren't you building a theater?

Anyone else doing anything else they'd like to share? If you need someone to host a picture email it to me

• David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Slow-to-no work lately. I'm in the sheetrock taping and floating stage which I really don't like, and am none too proficient at, so it's not progressing very well right now.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

Chris, I know you can't "show ahead" of your mag responsibilities...buy why not show everything up to the most recent edition? Like Andrew said, he or I could host yours or anyone's pics for that matter!

David: Ah, it's only sheet rock...you can do it man! :T Heck, why do you think they made "texture?" To hide the seams!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Does building an HTPC and a new set of speakers count?

Sheeeesh, I can hardly find time to watch a DVD this summer, much less rebuild my HT! ops:

Keep up the good work, guys, you're an inspiration to the rest of us...

~Jon

Earth First!
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

It sure does Jon...in fact you're working harder than us!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Well, the problem for me has been simply posting pics to a website. I don't have a site, and haven't done any self-teaching of how to build one. (yet, that is, I'm sure I'll get around to it)

Andrew, if you want to host pics, I'm happy to send some out as I do and get stuff!

CHRIS
            Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Uncle Clive
              Former Moderator
              • Jan 2002

Sorry Andrew, maybe you don't remember I have moved into a high rise Condo back in May. HT was pulled apart. No room to dedicate here. :cry:

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
              CLIVE

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Chris yes email me what you have.

U.Clive sorry to hear about the room...you can still post pictures though

Comment

• I'mListening
                  • Jul 2003

Opening day at the Cyberdyne is just around the corner! I ordered my SVS PC+ 20-39 Subwoofer today. Next week will be the A/C Line Conditioner, next a new bulb for the Sony projector....then the long awaited premiere! The neighbors are chomping at the bits to see it, specially since we are known to host some fun theme parties, but since the construction began over a year and half ago only a handful of people have graced the theater.

I will try and knock out a Candy Counter for the Couch Potato Video room and get the popcorn popper in place next week also.....soooomuch to do....so little time...and money!

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
                  Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                    Former Moderator
                    • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                    U.Clive sorry to hear about the room...you can still post pictures though
                    Thanks Andrew, but I'd find it boring to post pics of a Dinning/living room combo with a tv, five speakers, sub and my gear. It looks just like my pics in the Gallery..... just in a different room. Not sure I understood the point. Compared to what E. you and a few others are building, I can't see where I could make any contribution in this chat room other than support/advice on certain topics.

Cheers!

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• aramb
                      • Apr 2003

Here is a link to our new home theater project. I have not updated the website in a few weeks, but will try to get to that today or tommorow.

Anyone that wants to make any comments or suggestions, PLEASE do so! This project seems to be in a constant state of flux... despite all the pre-planning!!!

Good luck all.

AramB

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Very nie Aram:t

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

I love the look of your theater, Aram.

My Homepage!
                          My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Aram, that's a very nice theater! Nice design and color scheme. :T

David - HTGuide flunky
                            Our "Theater"
                            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aramb
                              • Apr 2003

Thanks for your nice comments. I have posted some new pictures today for anyone that is interested.

Comment

• Lex
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Apr 2001

I've been working on my theater, just not a dedicated one. :P

Nice theate Aramb!

Lex
                                Doug
                                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                                  • Sep 2003

I don’t have pics yet because I’m in the middle of a total theatre overhaul. I’m selling the house in early summer, and when I get a new place, here’s what the finished product will contain..

Bryston SP1.7 pre/pro (supports 7.1)
                                  Bryston 4B SST 2 channel amp
                                  Earthquake Cinenova Grande` 5 five channel amp
                                  Rotel RDV-1060 DVD Player
                                  Rotel RDC-1070 Cd player
                                  Pioneer Elite PD-F17 101 cd changer

Definitive Technology BP7001SC Mains
                                  Definitive Technology CLR3000 Center
                                  Definitive Technology BP2006TL’s Side Surrounds
                                  Definitive Technology BP2006TL ‘s Back Surrounds
                                  Definitive Technology Reference SuperCube Sub

Selling a friend my Pioneer SD533HD5 HDTV and picking up a Runco 510 DLP projector. Probably stick with BetterCable for all speaker wire and interconnects, as I am very happy with them.

I’ll need a dedicated 20A circuit for each amp, as they pull 2,000 watts, or close to it. I’ll need another 20A line for the mains, as they pull 8 amps each. Another 15A line for the Projector and subwoofer, another 15A line for the 4 surrounds, and yet another 15A line for the center channel,dvd/cd players, pre/pro, Xbox. That’s the only drawback to having powered towers in every location…the need for juice. A Brickwall Unit will be on each line.

Some say I go overboard with the dedicated circuits, but after I did a few on my own, it got easy, and it’s cheap as well. Total peace of mind is what I shoot for.

You can bet that when this theatre is done, I’ll post pics ASAP!

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
                                  GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2000

pretty nice gear list!

Why settle for a tiny sub though? And I won't comment on the BC cables :LOL:

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                                      pretty nice gear list!

Why settle for a tiny sub though? And I won't comment on the BC cables :LOL:
                                      It might be tiny in size, but it sounds much bigger. All the above speakers I listed have powered subs built in. All speakers will be running on Large, except for the surrounds which I will cut off as low as possible thru the pre/pro.

Heck, even when I had the little Supercube II, it embarassed my much bigger PF15TL+. I might opt for the Reference at some point, but that would be for peace of mind. Ok, you've got me interested..why do ya hate BetterCables.

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                                        • Jan 2002

I can't speak for Andrew but I don't imagine he hates BC's. He probably just prefers an actual "better cable" than BC makes.

I think you'll find that the cables of preference, particularly around htguide and even in some other forums, are CatCables. They are mighty fine cables for a very reasonable price. You should at least give them a try prior to buying any others.

I believe you'll find Lex is a great fella to work with.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                                          • Sep 2003

I looked over the link you sent. From my point of view, they look identical to my BetterCable Premium II's. I can't figure out if the Plus models are the ones with or without the Rhodium plugs. They are about the same price as what I paid for my cables, and remember, not knowing anything about cables, they "seem" the same to me. I am not very knowledgable when it comes to such discussions. I am always willing to learn more so someone, Please enlighten me.

What makes these cables better? They are about the same price as BetterCable, they look identical, techflex and all. Are the methods of wrapping wire different? If I knew more, I wouldnt be asking these questions, and I don't mean to offend anyone at all. I just wonder about all these brands..I keep reading how some do a burn in, while other are dipped in silver, and coated with who knows what.

Please email me at athlon14ddr@hotmail.com if you wish to enlighten me. I'd love to know what really goes on with cable construction

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                                            • Jan 2002

Those are good questions SpOoNmAn. I don't think you are offending anyone at all. This is what the forum is for.

When I went looking for something better than the standard rca's and didn't want to break the bank, I searched a few forums, read several threads, and ultimately ended up with CatCables. I've thuroughly enjoyed them. It just so happens you are amongst several happy CatCable owners.

I'm sure Lex will post and/or send you an e-mail. I ask him and others about his cables when I bought mine. As did a lot of others in different threads. I believe you get a lot of personal attention with Lex which is hard to find elsewhere. I think you'll find Lex has specials and discounts on a fairly regular basis too.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Lex
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Apr 2001

Sonnie, thanks for the kind words.

Spoonman, I'd be glad to discuss the ins and outs of what I do that may be different than what that other brand you mentioned may do.

Right off, I do condition each audio cable 24-48 hours on a cable cooker prior to shipping. I do custom lengths. Offer volume discounts for complete system wiring jobs or large orders of any kind, never lead customers to believe they are buying something they aren't. I also offer many customizing options that some don't. With CATCables, Quantum Cable, or Zeus Cable, you get cables that are hand crafted by a cable expert. Namely, the owner of the company. My company is small and home based. I keep the overhead low, and consequently many times, offer you the customer a higher quality product for the same or less prices you pay elsewhere for lesser quality. I also offer system testing on each cable built for reliablity. If it doesn't pass my test, it's not shipped.

Some companies that advertise silver in a product name, are really selling you silver coated copper. Some companies such as mine, tell you straight up which you are buying. I offer many original designed cables, and I don't copy the competition. I am an innovator in the cable business, not a conformist. That's seen by the fact some cables on my site, do not resemble anything else on the market, that I am aware of. If they do, in some cases, it's because they copied my designs. 3 years of experience building cables, likely the lowest return ratio in the business, and a total commitment to customer satisfaction are the things I pride myself most on. If you email me, you don't hear back in 2-3 days. Almost always, you hear back the same day, usually without an hour or two.

Lex
                                              Doug
                                              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
                                                • Sep 2003

Thanks for the update. I'll be deciding soon, and I have a feeling I will be intouch

GameTracker -My List-

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"