X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

Air Vent/Return

Hey Gang...many of you have witnessed my theater construction and I greatly appreciate all your support, feedback, and comments....so in that light I ask for your help once more.

I have a heat register that brings fresh air into the theater via a duct in the ceiling, but do not have a return...therefore I was thinking of cutting through the wall that adjoins the rec room in my basement and putting in a vent pannel so air can leave the room thus creating better circulation. When the theater is packed with folks and the projector is going it can get a tad stuffy.

I was planning on putting the return high up on the wall near the ceiling as well.

Whatcha all think? Here's the wall where the return would go:

The vent would be above and to the right of the rear light sconce, of course painted the same color as the wall.

Thanks.

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You're right with the PJ going and a room full of people that room could get awful stuffy...you could put a vent in the door as well...or just leave it open a bit if the rooms full of people.

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

When I had a Theater Meet a few weeks back I did open the window and crack the door...that's the nice thing about having a window in back too!

I don't think I'll put a vent in the door though...rather put one in the wall...less noticeable that way. Thanks lil' bro!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

E. If you're blowing air into the room from the ceiling, it maybe wise to place the return closer to the floor. The front under the stage would be an idea, this way the air is pushed and pulled in a straight line more or less.

Just my .0002$

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Hey Erik, Clive is on to something there. Optimally, you want the air to flow through the maximum amount of room possible, so can you place the return in the opposite wall at the opposing height from the air input?

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• efarstad
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2001

Thanks gang...but after much talk with my father in law (construction experience for 30 years) and thinking more about this...I'm just going to open the rear window and crack the door if needed when it gets too hot in there....why?

Well I rarely have 8 people in the theater...which is the only time I've noticed it getting too hot in there...and it is summer! ops: So the likely hood that I'll experience this on an ongoing basis is very unlikely BUT if I do experience this come this winter...then I know it's an issue and then I'll likely do something...other than that I'm keeping things the way they are.

I guess I just got jumpy...but with eight 98.6 degree bodies and a projector that also throws off some heat in my size of a room, sealed the way I did it...it's no suprise it will heat up a bit...but I may only have 8 people in there a few times a year and that doesn't garner pokin' holes in any walls! :P

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"